This is the job description for BELL PERSON.
Job Title: Bell Person
Department: Front Desk
Company: Dimension Hospitality
Reports To: Bell Captain
Job Purpose: To serve hotel guests during their stay by making it easier and more enjoyable to arrive, check in and stay at the property.
1. Escorts incoming hotel guests to rooms and assists guests with luggage.
2. Attends and participates in monthly front desk meetings.
3. Inspects guest’s room to ensure that it is in order and that supplies are adequate.
4. Explains features of room such as operation of radio, television, telephone, in-room movie system, etc.
5. Offers information pertaining to available services and facilities of hotel, points of interest and
6. Pages guests in lobby, dining rooms or other parts of property. Delivers messages and runs errands.
7. Maintains courtesy van consisting of washing, cleaning, and fueling.
8. Raises, lowers, and ensures proper handling of American flag.
9. Maintains lobby in a clean and tidy manner; this includes, but is not limited to ashtrays, trash,
seating areas, front doors, floors, etc.
10. Maintains the front porte-cochere by picking up trash, cleaning oil leaks, shoveling snow, melting ice, hosing
off sidewalks, etc.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Carry out specific oral or written instructions, frequently following a routine.
2. Do the same task over and over, frequently in the same way.
3. Lift and carry things like luggage, trays of dishes, and bags of golf clubs.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience: None required
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision. Frequently lifts/carries over 50 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Outdoor weather conditions
X Stand for long periods of time
X Walk extended distances
X Wet or humid conditions
X Lift/carry over 50 lbs.
X Reach hands and arms in any direction
X With fumes or airborne particles
X Kneel and/or stoop repeatedly
X Able to work overtime and/or irregular hours
X Near loud noises
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.