THIS IS THE JOB DESCRIPTION FOR ROOMS CONTROLLER.
Job Title: Rooms Controller
Department: Front Office
Company: Dimension Hospitality
Reports To: Direct Report to Assistant Front Office Manager
Job Purpose: Position provides leadership and instruction to Guest Service Agents while working with Front Office Leadership to book rooms, maintain inventory, ensure rooms are blocked in a timely fashion to meet the needs and requests of individual and group guests, along with hotel departments. Provides service recovery, answer phones, assists with guest requests and provides front desk support due to business demand.
1. Block and pre-register suites and rooms in the PMS according to guests requests five-days out. Assign VIP’s
according to sales, events, and management needs.
2. Keep front desk staff, including management, informed on any oversells, challenges, special accommodations
3. Over sold-out periods perform room protects to ensure that rooms blocked for future arrivals are protected
4. Check reservations listed on group resume and tour resumes to ensure reservation dates, billings, and room
blocks are accurate in the PMS system.
5. Attend Daily Business review meeting to be aware of business trends, new bookings and changes to current
6. Verify Billing details for third party, group blocks, credit card authorizations, etc are accurate and complete.
7. Promptly answer telephone answer front office phones with a positive and clear voice. Handle all requests and
problems and when needed delegate special requests to appropriate persons or departments.
8. Document any guest situations which require action by another department and follow up as needed.
9. Maintain out of order & out of service rooms with engineering and housekeeping
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Strong technical skills in Word, Excel, Outlook along with good internet navigation skills.
2. Excellent organizational skills, flexibility.
3. Experience with hotel PMS systems and operational proficiency.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills. Superior oral/written communication skills; ability to interact successfully with all
5. Excellent telephone etiquette.
6. Knowledge of general office equipment (e.g., fax machine, copy machine, printers).
7. Tact and good judgment and proven experience interacting with customers and hotel management.
Education: High school diploma required.
Experience: Minimum 6 months experience in a hotel rooms division
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision. Frequent sitting with some walking and standing. Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills. Continually works in normal office conditions and in close proximity to others
Additional physical, visual and working conditions:
X Walk extended distances
X Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.