This is the job description for a SENIOR SALES MANAGER.
Job Title: Senior Sales Manager
Company: Dimension Hospitality
Reports To: Director of Sales, General Manager
Job Purpose: Responsible for proactively soliciting group business. The position is accountable for handling large group segments related to opportunities with significant revenue potential. Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue. Achieves individual and team related revenue goals. Creates opportunities to grow the account base through customer interactions.
1. Targets accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation.
2. Responds to and manages larger and more complex incoming opportunities for the property.
3. Identifies, qualifies and solicits new business to achieve individual and property revenue goals.
4. Focuses efforts on accounts with significant potential sales revenue.
5. Develops effective sales plans and actions.
6. Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
7. Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to maximize revenues and close on business.
8. Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as significant customer expectations.
9. Coordinates and participates in target market trade shows and sales blitzes.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Microsoft Office Suite to include: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Teams, Sharepoint, etc. Ability to navigate sales software such as Amadeus Delphi, BEO generation software, etc.
2. Ability to exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management and listening skills.
3. Ability to use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
Education: 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or
Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision. Frequent sitting with some walking and standing. Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills. Continually works in normal office conditions and in close proximity to others.
Additional physical, visual and working conditions:
X Stand for long periods of time
X Walk extended distances
X Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
X Able to work overtime and irregular hours
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.