For more than 143 years, The Los Angeles Athletic Club has remained dedicated to its mission of providing for the body, mind, and spirit of its members. Our private club includes state-of-the-art athletic and spa facilities, award-winning restaurants, bars, luxury meeting rooms, special event rooms, hotel rooms, and an array of social, business, and athletic events.
Come join our team! We have immediate openings for experienced individuals to fill the position of a On Call Night Auditor
This position contributes to the success of Los Angeles Athletic Club (“Company”) by creating positive experiences for every member and guest who visits the club. This position is the face of the Club during the overnight shift and is responsible for monitoring the front desk activities when the Club is closed by role modeling the Company vision, mission, values, and policies and procedures while promoting all Club and Hotel services in a positive, professional, and respectful manner.
- Run audit reports/journals from the front office system, Point of Sale, and the computer.
- Make corrections and adjustments and handle all computer problems that might occur throughout the shift.
- Balance all revenue and settlement accounts nightly, maintain files and reset the system for next day operations.
- Audit, input, create, or run other data and reports as assigned.
- Ensure only authorized members and guests enter the building.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Handle all guest issues occurring during the shift, contacting Engineering when necessary (i.e., to deliver supplies to a guest room)
- Monitor and respond to emergency alert systems (such as fire alarms), contacting engineering and/or emergency services as necessary, and facilitating guest evacuation as directed
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Accurately Book Hotel Reservations in Computer System
- Answer reservation requests with friendliness and positive energy within 3 rings (phone calls) and 8 hours (emails), respectively.
- Use authorized sales techniques to encourage guests to make reservations directly with us; quote accurate availability and rates.
- Collect all relevant information to offer best possible experience for guests when they arrive; including personal preferences and details to customize service as much as possible (i.e., birthday, anniversary, purpose of visit to DTLA, etc.).
- Provide cancellation policy, offer driving instructions, and answer any questions.
- Provided elevated customer service by appreciating the guest for choosing LAAC and encourage to call with any questions prior to their arrival
- Enter reservations from third parties using correct billing and coding.
Provide effective Hotel Guest Services
- Use a warm and welcoming demeanor to identify guests’ needs and respond to them with a sense of urgency. Follow-up with team members and guests on all requests to ensure request has been fulfilled.
- Verify reservations details are correct at check in such as guest name, room type, rates, required deposit, etc.
- Collect and input guest reservations including personal preference information for a more personalized and better guest experience; such as email, anniversary date, birthdate, etc.
- Assign rooms according to reservations, requests, and availability to best suit the guests and our inventory.
- Prioritize guests at the desk and incoming phone calls effectively to offer the best service to everyone.
- Explain and promote the Olive Club membership, assign, and program guest membership card as well as parking and offer any concierge information they might need.
- Verify billing and charge information at check out; ensure all items are accurately posted and ensure payment is valid and the correct amount authorized for all credit cards.
- Assist guests in finding what they need by providing accurate answers to questions regarding parking, local shopping, restaurants, attractions, etc. Promote in-house offerings whenever possible.
- Communicate guest needs and requests to pertinent departments.
- Maintains accurate bank; make correct change using assigned bank and maintains bank and receipts at correct balance.
- Maintain updated notes and information for manager and other shifts using the approved communication methods.
- Understand and properly use software to process front desk transactions efficiently and accurately
- Respond to guests’ requests and complaints in a timely and appropriate manner making sure to follow up on guest satisfaction.
- Notify management of any incidents or complaints that require immediate attention.
Provide Excellent Membership Service & Sales Support
- Answer main phone line in accordance with service standards and use of our communication system to relay information to co-workers.
- Promote club events and services to all members as relevant to the nature of their visit.
- Take and input Club reservations, such as social events, exercise and spa services, or athletic activities.
- Assist members in using the online member portal and direct them to the correct forms and information.
- Update member information including phone number and email address changes as needed and upon request.
- Administer all other member service as assigned (i.e., seasonal promotional tasks, Special events handling, etc.).
Education, licenses, & certifications:
- Ideal: Minimum of three (3) years of experience in same or similar positions in the Hotel industry
- Required: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Ideal: Bachelor’s College Degree in related field
- Required: At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Required: Reliable and punctual attendance.
- Required: Ability to stay awake the duration of the overnight shift
- Required: Excellent time-management skills; prioritizing and completing assigned job tasks effectively.
- Ideal: Bi-lingual oral, speech, and writing skills in English and other language is an asset in this position
- Required: Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Required: Computer Experience: proficient Microsoft Office programs, Outlook, and ability to learn a variety of other software.
- Required: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to convey messages clearly and compose correspondence with correct and proper grammar.
- Ideal: Strong presentation skills; convey messages clearly and confidently; persuade and effect change positively.
- Required: Capable of working effectively independently with minimal supervision
- Ideal: Strong analytical skills.
- Required: High attention to detail and accuracy
- Required: Strong organizational skills
- Required: Ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently meet deadlines and produce work in a timely manner.
- Required: Ability to elicit and accept constructive feedback.
Physical Exertion: Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects (for example, assisting guests with luggage).
We offer excellent On Call Benefits Packages!
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Complimentary Associate Meal per shift
- Professional development and opportunities to grow within a well-respected company
- Hotel Room Discounts, Associate Company Paid Parking, and more!
Pay: Hourly $22.00 USD
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted November 17, 2023