Assist Members and guests in all Front Desk-related areas in an efficient, courteous and professional manner that maintains high standards of service and hospitality. Direct Front Desk operations from 10:30 p.m. until 6:30 a.m. Record and reconcile charges for previous day.
Interface closely with hotel guests, Members and employees.
Objective / Accountability
- Register Members and guests and assigns rooms; comply with special requests whenever possible.
- Assist in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for registration.
- Thoroughly understand and follows proper credit, check cashing and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Understand and monitors room status information.
- Know room locations, types of rooms available and room rates.
- Use suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of The Club.
- Coordinate room status updates by notifying Housekeeping of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests and day-use rooms.
- Manage room keys.
- Operate Front Desk equipment.
- Processes Member and guest checkouts.
- Post, file and balance all charges to Members’ and other accounts.
- Follow procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes used by Members and guests.
- Use proper telephone etiquette.
- Provide information regarding availability and room rates for Members and guests.
- Accept and records reservations.
- Processes mail, faxes, packages and messages for Members, guests, and employees.
- Read and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily; knowledge of daily activities and meetings taking place in The Club.
- Attend department meetings.
- Coordinate guestroom maintenance with Engineering and Housekeeping and indicate such changes in the hotel computer system as required.
- Remain at the Front Desk area during the entire shift, leaving only for a momentary needed break. All other breaks are to be taken at the Front Desk, including lunch.
- Reconcile and balance all hotel-related charges for each day.
- Report errors made by Front Desk Agents to Front Office Manager.
- Correct errors made by Front Desk Agents, where possible, prior to closing the days work.
- Run preliminary reports prior to running the night audit.
- Analyze preliminary reports, making adjustments or corrections where necessary.
- Run the night audit procedure in the hotel computer system.
- Process no-shows according to procedure.
- Respond to all Member and guest requests or problems in a professional and service oriented manner.
- Act as communication center for any emergency situations, including dispatch or coordination of emergency services.
- Report unusual occurrences or requests to the Front Office Manager, Hotel Director, or other manager, including calls to their homes, pagers, or cell phones as the situation dictates.
- Know all safety and emergency procedures and accident prevention policies and procedures.
- Prevent unauthorized people from entering The Club.
- Maintain the cleanliness and neatness of the Front Desk area.
- Answer and direct all switchboard calls to the correct department, while simultaneously interacting with Members, guests and employees.
- Communicate messages between Members, guests and employees using intercom, pagers, two-way radios, and telephone systems.
- Provide information to Members and guests regarding Club services, facilities and transportation.
- Provide information about local attractions, events and services.
- Perform Bell Desk Attendant duties when necessary: Assist incoming and departing Members and guests with luggage and other personal items; escort incoming Members and guests to Front Desk, guestroom or other facilities; escort outgoing Members and guests to automobiles, taxis and other vehicles; ensure that guestrooms are fully prepared; call for taxis and other transportation as necessary.
This position does not require any supervision of another employee.
Your immediate supervisor is the Front Office Manager. In his absence, the Hotel Director, Hotel Sales Manager or prevailing Manager on duty may supervise.
Responsibility and Authority
Employee Relations: You are responsible to maintain helpful and cooperative relations with Members, guests, and co-workers.
Materials or Products: You are to report any malfunction of any Front Desk or Club equipment, assisting with correction where appropriate.
Equipment: Same as above.
Financial: Maintain cash bank used to cash Member checks, process petty cash, handle change requests, sell stamps, accept member payments and hotel payments, process credit card approvals and charges, following all established cashier policies and procedures.
Contacts: Members, guests, employees, vendors and anyone calling or visiting The Club.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- High school education or equivalent.
- Previous Front Desk experience is preferred.
- Must have a very good command of the English language in all aspects of communication including reading, writing, and speaking.
- Must have basic math skills and be able to spell.
- Must have basic bookkeeping and organizational skills, must be able to handle computer work.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to life baggage / packages up to 20 pounds.
- Courteous, professional and business-like appearance, demeanor and behavior.
- Ability to show up for work on time prepared to work.
- Ability to follow directions from your supervisor or prevailing manager on duty.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to interact well with co-workers, Members and guests.
- Ability to understand and follow work rules and procedures.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)