Posted January 18, 2023Wyndham Houston near NRG Park/Medical Center
This is the job description for ROOM SERVICE SERVER.
Job Title: Room Service Server
Job Purpose: To serve meals to hotel guests according to established rules of etiquette, and to ensure a more pleasant stay.
1. Replenishes supplies of clean linens, silverware, glassware, and dishes at the room service station.
2. Answers room service phone within 3 rings, answers questions, and takes orders from guests.
3. Relays order to kitchen and/or the bar.
4. Arranges orders on service trays, ensuring flair, sanitation, and timeliness of delivery.
5. Collects trays delivered to keep hallways clear and assist the guest through the removal of food.
6. Completes side work as deemed necessary by management to ensure the smooth operations of the
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Carry out specific oral or written instructions, frequently following a simple routine.
2. Ability to perform repetitive actions consistently.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent.
Licenses/Certifications: Must be TIPS and Food Safety certified.
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision. Frequently lifts/carries up to 10 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Stand for long periods of time
X Walk extended distances
X Extreme heat (non-weather)
X Wet or humid conditions
X Lift/carry 26-50 lbs.
X Reach hands and arms in any direction
X Kneel and/or stoop repeatedly
X Able to work overtime and/or irregular hours
Enjoy a central location, welcoming amenities, and warm Texas hospitality at Wyndham Houston near NRG Park/Medical Center. Easily reachable from William P. Hobby Airport (HOU) and George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), our pet-friendly, non-smoking hotel is minutes from Memorial Hermann – Texas Medical Center, NRG Stadium, and downtown Houston. After shopping at The Galleria or museum hopping in the Houston Museum District, unwind with a workout in the fitness center or swim in the heated outdoor pool. Grab cocktails and dinner at our on-site bar, Cattlemans, or restaurant, Stetsons, before retreating to one of our 393 guest rooms and suites featuring thoughtful comforts like free high-speed WiFi and plush pillow-top bedding.
Plan an important business gathering or fantastic celebration with 22 polished event venues that can accommodate up to 2,500 guests. Extras like our business center, gift shop, free parking, and dry cleaning service ensure a stress-free stay.