Posted January 18, 2023Courtyard by Marriott Wichita at Old Town
The Courtyard Old Town Wichita is seeking an experienced hotel General Manager to lead a very high performing team at this busy and highly rated property.
Create and maintain customer-driven hotel with a customer-keeping vision that inspires the hotel associates to do their best. Oversee the quality process to ensure customer satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product quality and service in accordance with hotel's profitability goals.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform administrative duties including: reading and writing reports, dictating memorandums and orally communicating with guests, managers, corporate office, local associations, etc. Critically review reports of occupancy, revenue etc. Make judgments and implement changes to maximize profits. Supervise development of and revision to business plan, annual budget and annual and monthly forecasts, etc. Formulate complex reports. Communicate with the public, staff, corporate office and owners.
2. Interview, hire supervise and counsel department managers in the efficient operation of their respective area(s). Meet with, develop and delegate improvement plans for operation and review performance of management team.
3. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and approve discipline and all terminations.
4. Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for Crescent and hotel. Meet with potential and current clients and promote hotel.
5. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
6. Physically tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis. Monitor cost control, property condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service throughout hotel. Greet and maintain rapport with associates and customers.
7. Travel to attend corporate meetings, sales trips and serve on committees such as Research, Development and Standards committee.
8. Appropriate handle associate issues in conjunction with Human Resources following Crescent policies.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Brand experience helpful.
Prior experience as a General Manager in a hotel.Working knowledge of financial/accounting procedures.
Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The Courtyard Wichita at Old Town is nestled in historic Old Town, an example of Wichita's revitalization and urban sophistication. The property was originally built in 1930 as a warehouse and features the things you desire -- contemporary style, a welcoming waterfall atrium and impeccable service that will keep you coming back. Here on leisure? Located in the liveliest district in Wichita, you are just steps from some of the finest restaurants, entertainment, theaters, and museums including Botanica, Wichita Art Museum, Museum of World Treasures, Old Cowtown Museum, Great Plains Transportation Museum and the Wichita Toy Train Club and Museum. The award-winning Sedgwick County Zoo, Keeper of the Plains and Old Town Farm and Art Market are minutes away. Intrust Arena is a short walk away. Here on business? We will keep you connected with complimentary high-speed internet and a fully equipped business center. This hotel is conveniently located close to Cargill, Koch Industries, Textron and Spirit.