Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
This Is A Hybrid Role At Our Bethesda, Md Hq.
Associate Communications And Engagement
will be a digital savvy internal communicator ready to use industry best practices to help shape associate communications for Marriott International. This position will work with the Senior Manager of Associate Communications and Engagement to build and deliver associate communications that drive advocacy and pride in Marriott International, develop and shape existing and new internal communications channels, and devise and develop new approaches and tools to engage with associates.
This position will also work to support the Senior Manager in planning, designing, and executing engagement initiatives for our associates around the world. The individual will also work to build a sense of community with our HR Professionals both in HQ and on our regional offices across the globe. Working with the Senior Manager, the position will focus on driving greater awareness of and commitment to the HR vision while ensuring a better understanding of the discipline’s role in helping the company achieve its business objectives.
The Manager will be expected to have strong skills in the areas of writing, visual storytelling, and must be able to translate complex subjects into digestible and easy-to-understand content.
Primary Responsibilities Include
Develop and support an associate-led, insights-based integrated approach to internal communications, supporting the company’s ambitions and delivery of commercial objectives.
Shape and deliver communication and engagement strategies for the global HR team. This includes developing events and activities, crafting regular messages, developing talking points for senior leaders, implementing measurement approaches, and using data and insight to refine plans.
Support project-led initiative with marketing grade internal communications: Design and execute communications plans for a diverse set of priorities in support of major HR initiatives, which include learning + development initiatives, compliance training, diversity + inclusion events, benefits, and more. This includes drafting communications, sourcing imagery, and managing distribution with diverse channel owners. The role should also use their understanding of storytelling, publishing, design, photography, videography, and infographics to create engaging content for a global audience.
Use their channel expertise to devise plans and strategies to utilize online, digital/mobile channels that drive awareness and engagement.
Education And Experience
- Strong creative writer with experience in internal communications, journalism, digital platforms, marketing, and events planning and execution.
- A minimum of
2 Years Of Experience in communications - communications department, newspaper, magazine or internal communication agency with a real focus on digital/mobile communications is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or other relevant fields.
Knowledge And Skills
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop “client-ready” presentation material and communicate effectively to a broad range of stakeholders (including senior leaders and hotel associates)
- Strong service orientation, consulting skills, and ability to interface with senior business leaders
- Strong program and project management skills
- Strong proof-reading, subbing, and editing skills
- Editorial experience
- Experience in managing and developing online channels
- Experience in managing agencies and budgets
- Ability to influence and operate at all levels
- Ability to present work quickly and accurately to a high standard
- Flexible and willing to work unsociable hours with little or no notice
- Able to multi-task, self-motivated and able to self-manage projects.
- Collaborates and works well in a creative, team-based approach to accomplishing work
- Active learner and listener – able to enhance personal, professional, and business growth through new knowledge and experiences
- Flexible: comfortable with complexity, ambiguity, and change
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple priorities at any given point in time
- Trustworthy with strong business integrity and ability to hold sensitive information in confidence
- Persistent; drives ideas; engages in fixing the problem;
- Polished and articulate in diverse settings
- Analytical; makes decisions using data
- Results driven
Problem solver and team player Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|