Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Marriott has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer on the Data Privacy and Governance team. This role is part of the team focused on building out our cloud-based data privacy platform. Appropriate candidates have a passion for data, data privacy, and emerging technologies with a vision for building next generation capabilities and a strong drive for success.
In this role you will function as a technical expert and lead software engineers for the privacy engineering team. You will perform research, analysis, design, and development on a wide range of next generation data capabilities and products. You will set technical standards and develop reusable frameworks to ensure consistent and efficient creation of data capabilities and products.
You will assume technical ownership of Service Provider deliverables and lead their technical resources to ensure deliverables are of high quality, follow our technical standards & best practices and perform at scale. In addition, you will research emerging technologies that will provide future capabilities as well as seek solutions for complex technical issues. You will make decisions on complex, non-routine requests to support analytics based decisioning by Marriott business teams.
Interested candidates should be self-starters and have a strong curiosity and passion for both data and data technologies.
- Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
Leading Through Vision And Values
-Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
-Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
Problem Solving And Decision Making
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Building A Successful Team
-Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
– Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Driving For Results
- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
-Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent And Organizational Capability
-Supports the development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning And Applying Professional Expertise
- Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
Knowledge and ability to define and apply appropriate technology to enhance business process
Knowledge of general stages of SDLC framework and the application tiers within the development space.
Knowledge of the security considerations relevant within the development space, including industry best practices related to information security
- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills
- Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.