Sales & Marketing
Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
If you’re looking to build leading technology that enables the future of global travel while transforming your career – step out of the status quo and join Global Technology at Marriott International.
Reporting to the VP, User Experience & Design, the Sr. Director, UX Design System plays a critical role in driving industry-leading digital experiences across the full portfolio of Marriott International brands and channels. The ideal candidate must be experienced in advancing design systems at significant scale in a digital commerce space.
This high energy and dynamic UX team seeks a seasoned UX leader to advance a thoughtful, strategic and systematic approach to our Digital Design System, driving digital experiences that deliver on both revenue conversion and emotional engagement. This role works closely with product managers and engineering colleagues to meet global needs across all customer segments, including business, leisure, member, non-member customer, group, all inclusive, etc.
This role is equal parts enterprise leadership, hands-on design oversight, process evangalist, collaborator and mentor. On any given day, you may be guiding the team in optimizing library components, refining processes for easier adoption, establishing new design standards and principles and overall guiding the team in optimizing for scalability, efficiency and consistency.
As an integral part of the UX leadership team, the Sr. Director:
- Manages a growing team of direct reports, including internal associates and contractors
- Provides oversight to achieve a cohesive user experience that fosters synergy between digital and physical experience
- Proactively maintains a keen focus across product areas to ensure journey-wide synergy
- Promotes UX best practices drawn from a variety of disciplines (within and beyond hospitality)
- Is adept at explaining complicated concepts through clear visuals to facilitate broad understanding and adoption
A strong portfolio is critical.
You’re Who We’re Looking For If You
- Are passionate about design systems as critical to advancing cohesive experiences at scale
- have experience creating design systems to ensure cohesive experiences across multiple platforms.
- View a design system as the central source of truth from which all other teams will excel
- Love solving problems holistically across channels for a seamless experience
- Bring exceptional visual design skills and take humble pride in your impeccable aesthetic.
- Value collaboration and partnering with product and engineering colleagues
- Appreciate a culture of giving and receiving feedback
Education And Experience
- 8+ years of relevant UX/product designs experience, 5+ as a manager, with demonstrated leadership experience across platforms (web, app, service design, etc)
- 4-year undergraduate degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated success in creating end-to-end UX design system for digital commerce products with a strong mix of UX, UI, interaction and motion design
- Solid background/understanding of UX, design systems, design thinking, methodology, and design operations; passion for DesignOps and how to build, scale, train, and refine teams, tools, and processes
- Proven ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to solve problems quickly, think creatively, and drive speed-to-market while optimizing outcomes
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and resources
- Demonstrated success in managing large-scale, omni-channel digital platform design and development initiatives, ideally in the global digital commerce or travel space
- Experience in Figma, with Agile / SAFE development methodologies preferred
– Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
–Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
Problem Solving And Decision Making
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Building And Contributing To Teams
- Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
– Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Driving For Results
- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
Planning And Organizing
- Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
Coworker Relationships Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent And Organizational Capability
- Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning And Applying Professional Expertise
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
- Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills
- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
– Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|