The Stock Worker and Receiver is responsible for receiving merchandise, unloading or unpacking it, marking it with codes to be identified, stocking shelves, and helping customers place orders. They work in stores, warehouses, stockrooms, and other storage facilities. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
- Receives, lifts, moves, stores, issues, counts, sorts, weighs and verifies items on requisitions or invoices.
- Receives and processes a wider variety of incoming freight, including stationery supplies, chemicals, electronic equipment, and other materials on a daily basis across perimeter buildings and according to priority.
- Compares incoming and outgoing shipments to bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records to verify information.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Fills orders, issues supplies from stock and rotates stock to ensure freshness.
- Resolves delivery problems using a computerized account payable/purchasing system.
- Maintains confidentiality of all items received and shipped.
- Assembles and delivers equipment such as glassware carts.
- Utilizes in-house inventory tracking system.
- Prepares assets for distribution, including transportation and storage.
- Returns damaged items or other items to vendors that do not meet Sodexo specifications.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of storage areas by sweeping and mopping.
- Provides security for all stock in the storeroom and/or refrigerator/freezer.
- Follows all safety requirements of Sodexo, the facility, local, state and federal jurisdictions.
- May move or transport materials or supplies to other departments using hand or industrial trucks.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP/OSHA, and/ or local policies and procedures related to all assigned work.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May fill in for “Stock worker and Receiver Sr.” in their absence.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.