The Hilton Atlanta Northeast is looking for experienced and friendly Banquet Servers. The starting pay is $16 - $18/hr depending on experience. The ideal candidate will be able to carry trays, have previous food & beverage experience, able to bartend and potentially help in the Restaurant if needed.
The Banquet Server is responsible for preparing for and serving guests during banquet functions in accordance with hotel standards of food and beverage quality, presentation, sanitation, and warm hospitality.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews and understands the Banquet Event Order (BEO); completes setup according to the BEO.
- Sets tables in assigned area (or checks to see that they have been set) correctly and uniformly, using clean, pressed linen (without rips, stains or tears); clean unspotted silverware; clean china with no chips or cracks; clean, unspotted glassware. Properly clean and fill table complements (salt and pepper, sugar, breadbaskets, etc.)
- Learns the menu for each function served and can explain the major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
- Is standing in assigned station at least 15 minutes prior to function start time.
- Acknowledges and responds to all guests’ requests, advising supervisor if necessary.
- Keeps station neat and clean during service.
- Continuously patrols assigned station, refilling all drinks, removing service items and condiments per established policies and procedures.
- Ensures guest has everything they need.
- Use proper in-room clearing and aisle tray break down procedures.
- Returns all reusable table complements and condiments to be cleaned and refilled.
- Assist Captain or Manager in setting up buffet and other special food services tables/stations.
- Assist the Captain or Manager in breaking down buffet or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Set-ups, serves and/or breaks down coffee breaks, receptions, other special functions, as assigned, following standard policies and procedures.
- Sets-up, tends and breaks down banquet bars, as assigned, according to standard policies and procedures.
- Always follows cash and guest check procedures.
- Return all excess food to the kitchen following all sanitation guidelines. No food or beverage is to be consumed by associates without prior approval from the Chef on duty.
- Complete any assigned side work, such as refilling condiments, shaking and sorting linen, hanging/storing drapes, cleaning/storing serving equipment and/or props, etc.
- Assists steward in keeping Banquet back hall, linen rack and storage areas neat, clean and organized.
- Learns and applies all procedures of proper service.
- Assist co-workers whenever needed.
- Remain up to date with hotel events and guests, as they affect the areas of responsibility.
- Maintains responsible alcohol service certification.
- Mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks, to patrons during banquet events.
Coffee Break Duties
- Sets up, services, breaks down and cleans all break areas and coffee break carts.
- Presents each break attractively and completely; keeps each break clean throughout the day.
- Presents all breaks within the time parameters outlined on the BEO.
- Prepare all beverages correctly and according to conference center standards
- Secure all beverage coolers and lockable storage at each shift’s end.
- Assist the set-up staff if necessary.
- Employees are responsible for knowing and abiding by all Company, hotel, and departmental policies and procedures. Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
Education And Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous banquet server experience preferred. Must be able to follow directions and get along well with others.
- Must be TIPS, CARE (or equivalent) certified, or become certified by first day on the job.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.