Posted February 26, 2023Crowne Plaza JFK Airport New York City
$20.00 per hour
Looking for a self-starter that can DARE to deliver outstanding service to Crowne Plaza JFK Airport guests and associates. We're making business travel work by bringing humanity back to business travel. The Housekeeping Supervisor supervises the operations of the housekeeping staff promoting a safe environment and quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction, protection of assets and minimal expenses. Must have the ability to effectively deal with internal guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy and resolve conflicts.
We Dare to Connect with guests and each other in more personal and thoughtful ways, so we can deliver thoughtful personal, caring gestures that are uniquely Crowne Plaza JFK Airport. How will you Dare to Connect?
The Housekeeping Supervisor responsibilities include: Daily room inspections; breaking out the house; preparing and maintaining well organized documentation and reports; and supervising all housekeeping department staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Supervise the housekeeping staff; providing open communication, training, coaching and counseling and providing performance feedback to ensure maximum efficiency.
2. Supervise and inspect the cleaning of the guest rooms, turndown service, public areas and back of the house; ensure compliance with accident/loss prevention programs, health/sanitation standards and regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
3. Issue assignments to staff reviewing special requests and areas of concentration to ensure a smooth flow of the housekeeping operation.
4. Issue supplies/goods to staff at beginning of shift in order to control inventory and ensure proper supplies are available while controlling expenses.
5. Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
6. Log items into the Lost and Found and answer inquires to maintain controls and ensure guest satisfaction.
7. Implement emergency training and procedures to ensure appropriate protection of the hotel, guests, staff and company assets.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to grasp, lift, carry or otherwise move materials weighing up to 100 lbs. Ability to move throughout building, bend, stoop and reach to assist other staff members, i.e., room attendants, housepersons, and inspectors to complete their individual tasks if situation demands.
Previous Hotel Housekeeping experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
138-10 135th Avenue
Jamaica, NY 11436
330 Room Hotel
Crowne Plaza® JFK Airport New York City is a business hotel near JFK International Airport featuring spectacular airport and city views. After a day of travel, our hotel offers guests pet-friendly rooms and suites thoughtfully designed with premium amenities, as well as complimentary Wi-Fi. From our standard rooms to our one-of-a-kind Presidential Suite, our hotel is a relaxing oasis to unwind after traveling, a layover, or spending the day in the bustling city.
For guests looking for a venue to host their next conference or meeting, we offer 4,540 square feet of flexible space perfect for all event types. Serving American favorites and craft cocktails, our in-house restaurant provides great event catering options and is an ideal place to share a delectable meal with friends or colleagues.
Our contemporary full-service hotel is conveniently located just a quarter-mile away from the airport and offers guests a complimentary airport shuttle to and from JFK and parking. We're also just a short distance from New York Hospital Medical Center of Queens, Saint Vincent’s Catholic Medical Center, North Shore University Hospital, and other medical centers. While in town, make sure to visit the nearby Queens Museum, a fantastic museum in Flushing Meadows–Corona Park showcasing art, architecture, and design.