For more than 143 years, The Los Angeles Athletic Club has remained dedicated to its mission of providing for the body, mind, and spirit of its members. Our private club includes state-of-the-art athletic and spa facilities, award-winning restaurants, bars, luxury meeting rooms, special event rooms, 72 hotel rooms, and an array of social, business, and athletic events.
Come join our team! We have immediate openings for experienced individuals to fill the position of a On Call Cleaner.
This position contributes to the success of Los Angeles Athletic Club (“Company”) by creating positive experiences for every member and guest who visits the club by maintaining an impeccable level of cleanliness throughout the Club consistent with Company and Health agency safety protocols.
Clean, clear, and sanitize the Club in a safe and efficient manner:
- Use proper cleaning and sanitizing protocols as well as standard operating procedures to clean each assigned area daily.
- Respond to moment-by-moment cleaning situations as needed throughout the shift, as requested by supervisor.
- Follow proper cleaning protocols for chemical and machine safety.
- Replenish all supplies including (but not limited to) toilet paper, paper towels, sanitizer, soaps, athletic wipes, etcetera.
- Replace low level basic light bulbs as needed throughout the Club.
- Clean and sanitize all assigned facility touchpoints throughout the day (doorknobs, toilet handles, faucets, elevator buttons, etc.).
- Thoroughly clean all floors, drains, mats, and other ground surfaces.
- Vacuum all carpets including hallways, mats, and rooms and empty vacuums regularly; ensure vacuum bags have sufficient capacity for intended use prior to using it.
- Proactively look for areas that need to be cleaned; ensure all have pleasant odor; report downtime and rest breaks to supervisor.
- Wipe surfaces, clean glass/mirrors, and dust as needed.
- Clean, dry, and restock glasses and mugs from guest rooms using kitchen dishwasher.
- Keep all storage and back of house areas clean, organized, and free of trash.
- Wipe down gym equipment throughout the day between member use to make sure it is clean and disinfected properly.
- Be knowledgeable of all cleaning protocols for all areas throughout the Club to fill in for any staff shortages.
- Deep Cleaning: Perform all deep cleaning duties as assigned, which may include but not limited to shampooing carpet and upholstered furniture, degreasing surfaces, cleaning pool, stripping, and waxing hardwood floors, scrubbing, polishing, and thoroughly sanitizing all surfaces in restrooms, locker rooms, guestrooms and/or other areas throughout the Club.
- Turn in all lost and found items to the main desk (ground floor) making sure to note location/date/time found.
- Perform laundry duties; including but not limited to managing the laundry room, towel/linen stocking, general cleaning of laundry room, back up in running laundry room, and all general laundry tasks as assigned.
- Inspect your work before reporting an assignment as complete; maintain pacing and timeliness to complete assignments on time.
Monitor equipment and chemicals
- Inspect and maintain equipment prior to using; do not use damaged, broken, or incomplete equipment and report to supervisor immediately to ensure safety of all staff and longevity of equipment.
- Ensure all supplies and equipment are returned to their designated locations.
- Report all maintenance concerns (i.e., burned out light bulbs, broken tile, plumbing concerns) to Engineering Department and Cleaning Supervisor.
- Properly store and handle all equipment and chemicals; ensure to use chemicals only as directed in the corresponding material safety data sheet; never use a chemical that is not properly labeled.
Education, licenses, & certifications:
- Ideal: Minimum of one (1) years of experience in the same or similar positions.
- Required: At least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Required: Reliable and punctual attendance.
- Required: Excellent time-management skills; prioritizing and completing assigned job tasks effectively.
- Ideal: Bi-lingual oral, speech, and writing skills in English and Spanish or other language is an asset in this position
- Ideal: Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ideal: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to convey messages clearly and compose correspondence with correct and proper grammar.
- Ideal: Strong presentation skills; convey messages clearly and confidently; persuade and effect change positively.
- Required: Capable of working effectively independently with minimal supervision
- Ideal: Strong analytical skills.
- Required: High attention to detail and accuracy
- Required: Strong organizational skills
- Required: Ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently meet deadlines and produce work in a timely manner.
- Required: Ability to elicit and accept constructive feedback.
Physical Exertion: Medium work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 15 pounds of force constantly to move objects (for example, trash carts, towel carts, and carpet extractor).
We offer excellent On Call Benefits Packages!
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Complimentary Associate Meal per shift
- Professional development and opportunities to grow within a well-respected company
- Hotel Room Discounts, Associate Company Paid Parking, and more!
Pay: Hourly $19.73 USD
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted November 17, 2023