Posted March 15, 2023Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and ensure associate compliance with all departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
2. train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
3. Establish the day's priorities and assign production and preparation tasks for staff to execute.
4. create daily menu specials and receive feedback from Executive Chef.
5. Review banquet event orders and make note of any changes.
6. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
7. Take physical inventory of specified food items for daily inventory.
8. Requisition the day’s supplies and ensure that they are received and stored correctly. Communicate needs with Purchasing and Storeroom personnel. Ensure quality of products received.
9. Meet with the Steward to review equipment needs, banquet plate up assistance, cleaning schedule/project status, health/safety and sanitation follow up.
10. Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled; document any late or absent employees.
11. Ensure that each kitchen work area is stocked with specified tools, supplies and equipment to meet the business demand.
12. Ensure that recipe cards, production schedules, plating guides, photographs are current and posted.
13. Ensure that all staff prepares menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
14. Monitor performance of staff and ensure all procedures are completed to the department standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
15. Observe guest reactions and confer with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
16. Conduct frequent walk through the kitchen area and direct respective personnel to correct any deficiencies. Ensure that quality and details are being maintained. As well as to interact with the customers in 703 Bar + Kitchen.
17. Assist The Executive Chef in menu development and execution.
18. Work with catering department to ensure guest satisfaction and exceeding/meeting guest expectations.
19. Review sales and food cost with the Executive Chef to ensure the department is meeting budgeted costs.
20. Ensure that excess items are utilized efficiently.
21. Oversee and direct training of new hires in specified phases of the kitchen operation. Maintain an on-going training program for existing staff. Back to basics training maintained.
22. maintain hotel policies and standards.
23. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
24. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to transport cases of received goods to the work stations; pots and pans of food from storage/prep areas to the serving line.
Ability to work with all products and food ingredients involved. Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions. Ability to plan and develop menus and recipes. Ability to apply basic supervisory skills to plan, organize, direct, coach, train and discipline, as necessary. Ability to ensure security of kitchen access, products and hotel property. Ability to operate with stress, time constraints, physical activity and continuous walking. Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
Basic level of computer knowledge; proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in
hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have
the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
11787 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway
Fairfax, VA 22033
310 Room Hotel
Founded in 2001 by CEO Michael George, Crescent Hotels & Resorts lives in the belief that your drive to be the best is the force which has made Crescent Hotels & Resorts the Hotel Operator and Employer of Choice.Meet several of our associates and hear their story. With thousands of associates at Crescent, we make every day one of adventure where you can make a difference.
Dedicated, satisfied, and engaged associates are the key to our continued success.
At Crescent Hotels & Resorts, we strive for innovative ways to enhance our comprehensive selection of benefit offerings. Crescent associates working as few as 24 hours a week are eligible for our extensive menu of benefit programs.
Crescent's benefits offerings include: