Winston Hospitality is looking for a Maintenance Engineer for its distinctive select-service 181 room AC Hotel by Marriott and 162 room Element by Westin located in downtown San Antonio, TX.
Responsible for performing general maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality standards are achieved and maintained.
Reports to: Chief Engineer
- Ensures complete guest satisfaction. Treats guests in friendly and helpful manner.
- Assists with preventative maintenance and completing work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, etc. to maintain the hotel and keep the product quality to standard.
- Performs other preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
- Assists in checking air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems, and makes minor repairs and or replacement.
- Assists in checking and making minor repairs on general plumbing fixtures such as, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
- Refurbishes furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows, and counters. Paints and finishes furniture and fixtures if needed.
- Responds in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Must be able to recognize potential safety hazards and security problems in the hotel and act upon each accordingly; be willing and able to comply with hotel policies and procedures including appearance and grooming, safety, security, key control and emergency procedures.
- Must be willing and able to be responsive to complaints about maintenance and be willing and able to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Maintains all franchise standards and follow-up on inspection deficiencies.
- Willing to communicate and pass on to next shift.
- Supports established policies and procedures for the hotel’s brand.
- Assists in conducting the departmental operational audits.
- Ensures all cultural expectations are implemented and regularly practiced.
- Supports hotel’s training needs and efforts.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience is a plus but not necessary we will train.
- Must be able to recognize potential safety hazards and security problems in the hotel and act upon each immediately.
- Must have some knowledge of all operating departments including rooms, front office, housekeeping, engineering, accounting, sales, food and beverage.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working in assigned area.
- Manual dexterity and coordination to perform all job duties including lifting, moving heavy loads, be on feet for long periods of time, etc.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Operate in mentally and physically stressful situations.
- Respond to visual and aural cues.
- Work in cold & hot temperatures, indoors & outdoors.
- Possibly be exposed to second hand smoke.
Standing, bending, stooping, and lifting weights up to and including 25 lbs. may be required. The hospitality business functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Posted November 17, 2023