Posted March 17, 2023Blossom Hotel Houston
Previous experience required of at least 2 years as a Front Office Manager in luxury hotels
Opera experience is a plus
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Implement and manage hotel’s daily quality process including goal communication, associate improvement, compliance with Crescent standards of product and performance, service recovery and problem resolution. Disseminate feedback from comment cards, guest satisfaction and service failure measurements and coach accordingly.
2. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication, and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
3. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
4. Observe performance and encourage improvement. Monitor hotel occupancy and make staffing adjustments accordingly. Supervise and review cost and inventory controls.
5. Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Prepare written correspondence to guests. Listen and extend assistance to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps or problem resolution by using experienced judgment and discretion.
6. Supervise the budgeting, forecasting, training, motivating, and staffing of the Front Office including Front Office, Bell Staff, Reservations, Concierge, Guest Services, and Transportation Services.
7. Plan, organize, chair, attend and/or participate in various hotel meetings such as: Staff Meetings, Rooms Division Meetings, Executive Committee Meetings, Quality Teams Meetings, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
7118 Bertner Avenue
Houston, TX 77030
267 Room Hotel
Welcome to Blossom Hotel Houston
Blossom Hotel Houston is the newest luxury property located in the heart of Bayou City. Whether traveling for business or leisure, you will enjoy the lunar-inspired property for its stellar culinary offerings, luxurious amenities and services, spacious guestrooms, a rooftop pool with expansive views, and a plethora of event and meeting spaces fit for every occasion.
Conveniently located, guests can enjoy the diversity of Houston by exploring via a complimentary Mercedes-Benz shuttle to nearby attractions such as NRG Stadium, Texas Medical Center, the Houston Zoo, Museum District, Rice University/Rice Village, and numerous world-class restaurants. (Note: within 3 miles radius and subject to availability)
Blossom Hotel Houston is proud to be in the Top 3 of all Houston hotels on both TripAdvisor and Expedia, demonstrating its commitment to excellence and exceptional hospitality.