Free Employee Meal (while on duty), great work environment
Posted February 27, 2023Mission Hills Country Club
Reports to: General Manager
Mission Hills Country Club is looking for a full-time Facilities Superintendent. This focus of this role will be on the management and protection of Club equipment and assets, as well as the management of capital projects. Combined with these duties will be the assistance of management of the day-to-day standards and maintenance of the Club facilities. The position offers a competitive salary with a strong benefits package. Please send resume and cover letter to Shawnta Gantt-Jefferies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education and/or Experience
• Two-year degree in related field with continuing education in Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, HVAC, plumbing or related field.
• 10 years progressive experience as an Engineer, Maintenance Professional or related position. Supervisory experience a plus.
• Professional experience in civil engineering and landscape design preferred.
• Professional experience in site planning, layout, grading and storm water management.
• Proficiency in Computer-Aided Design (CAD).
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
• Mechanically inclined with all-around knowledge of mechanical systems, plumbing, electrical and refrigeration. Hands-on capabilities for repairs.
• Organizational abilities to coordinate club projects and renovations. Understanding of energy management and related systems.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multi-discipline projects and utilize technical support staff.
• Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions; Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
• Experience with working with government entities on applications for permits and approvals of design.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Manages a comprehensive facilities maintenance program to maintain the quality of all club facilities and assets (excluding the golf course) in accordance with sound engineering practices. Oversees day-to-day operations of department and personnel; coordinates service calls; repairs, alters and install work with the Director of Maintenance; according to developed, pre-set guidelines
• Prepares annual budgeting of repair and maintenance, energy and capital expenditures.
• Maintains and updates separate five-year maintenance and capital improvement plans for all building (exterior and interior).
• Plans, implements and administers the energy management and preventive maintenance programs.
• Administers and directs all major and minor repairs and improvements. Procures bids and contracts required for all improvements. Coordinates in-house retrofit and cosmetic improvement program as directed by management.
• Supervises the purchasing of all goods and materials; initiates purchase orders for physical plant and facilities maintenance supplies, machinery, equipment, parts and services, as required.
• Conducts daily facilities walkabouts and specific site inspection on an as-needed basis.
• Assists in preparing all necessary reports required by the city and county concerning safety, health and fire and provides for the renewal of all permits and licenses.
• Consults with the General Manager for budget approvals and endorsement of major projects.
• Works with committees to include DARC, Master Planning, Strategic Planning and the Board to help define and manage the scope, design and cost of major projects
• Effectively coaches and mentors employees; proactively supports employee involvement and development; counsels employees on performance standards; and conducts timely performance reviews.
• Regularly audits the invoicing of vendors and contractors.
• Continually looks for opportunities to improve the efficiency of our energy and maintenance programs with an eye toward sustainability.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment with continual emphasis on promoting employee health and safety. Assists in training colleagues in proper safety techniques.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
• Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
• Able to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment which is typical of this position.
• Frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping and pulling.
• Frequent repetitive motions.
• Continuous standing and walking.
5400 Mission Drive
Mission Hills, KS 66208
Mission Hills Country Club is a family-oriented, private community located in a beautiful natural setting in the heart of Kansas City. Founded in 1914, the Club's rich traditions of excellence, mutual respect and integrity continue to be the foundation for a gracious, welcoming culture. Our members enjoy enriching family experiences and treasured friendships for a lifetime of pleasure and cherished memories.
MHCC members expect excellence in all aspects of the Club: facilities, service, activities, employees and quality membership.
MHCC is a respect-driven environment. We treat all people - employees, members and guests - as we wish to be treated and with good humor. We also treat the facilities and grounds respectfully, as if they were our own.
The hallmark of MHCC is a comfortable, positive and welcoming atmosphere created through the mutual goodwill of our members, guests and employees, which is to be experienced and enjoyed by all.
Integrity is about doing the right thing, following the rules and keeping your word. Honesty is another element of character consistent with integrity. It manifests in important behaviors such as paying bills on time, adhering to the rules of golf and keeping an honest handicap. Integrity is expected from everyone at MHCC.