Posted March 2, 2023Residence Inn by Marriott Dallas Plano/The Colony
JOB OVERVIEW: Perform proactive general maintenance and grounds-keeping work to ensure the hotels and areas are of the highest quality standards and are maintained on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist with preventative maintenance and complete work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, etc., to maintain the hotel and keep the product high quality standards.
2. Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis (e.g., "room care").
3. Assist in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems, and make minor repairs and/or replacement.
4. Assist in checking and making routine repairs and assist on major repairs of all hotel equipment including small appliances, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, boilers, pool equipment, HVAC, hand and power tools and general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
5. Service the hotel's pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters; completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
6. Maintain the building exterior and "curb appeal" (e.g., trash removal, snow removal, lawn care, painting, gardening).
7. Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures as needed.
8. Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
9. Exposure to extreme temperatures.
10. Operation of heavy machinery.
11. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
12. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be a team player. Go above and beyond for guests and associates. Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starter and problem-solver personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Must communicate well with guests and associates. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Climbing, reading, standing, walking and routinely lifting 25 lbs. to 50 lbs. Must be able to receive instructions and communicate progress of work assignments. Position-related certifications are a plus.
A positive guest experience is a result of positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
6600 Cascades Court
The Colony, TX 75056
102 Room Extended Stay
Extended stays are a breeze when you have all the comforts of home at the Residence Inn by Marriott Dallas Plano/The Colony hotel. Our hotel is located in The Colony, TX and convenient to Plano, Frisco, Lewisville. Less than 1 mile away, North Texas's newest entertainment destination, Grandscape, is now open! Grandscape features outdoor entertainment, world class restaurants, unique shopping, home to NFM (Nebraska Furniture Mart), and family-friendly experiences. Scheels, the world’s largest sporting goods store, and Andretti Indoor Karting are both at Grandscape. Legacy West, which is home to Toyota HQ and Liberty Mutual, numerous restaurants and shops, is 1.5 miles from our hotel and 2 miles to Legacy Park - home to Ericsson and Frito-Lay.