For more than 142 years, The Los Angeles Athletic Club has remained dedicated to its mission of providing for the body, mind, and spirit of its members. Our private club includes state-of-the-art athletic and spa facilities, award-winning restaurants, bars, luxury meeting rooms, special event rooms, hotel rooms, and an array of social, business, and athletic events.
Come join our team! We have immediate openings for experienced individuals to fill the position of a Part Time Server.
This position contributes to the success of Los Angeles Athletic Club by creating positive experiences for every member and guest who visits the club by providing excellent food and beverage service in a warm welcoming environment.
- Arrives to work on time in proper uniform and ready to work.
- Ensure the dining room and other service areas are set according to company procedures, including inspection for and procuring of adequate supplies per business needs.
- Assemble back station and dining room for service. Including but not limited to; appropriate menus distributed, bus station set, water and coffee service stocked.
- Welcome members and guests as they enter dining area, learn their name, and use it with every interaction thereafter.
- Engage members and guests and personalize their dining experience through suggestive selling and menu knowledge.
- Know all the details of your food and beverage menu for your guests’ experience, restrictions, and allergies.
- Receive orders and enter them into POS accurately and immediately, follow service guarantees procedures.
- Communicate any special requests to the culinary team and support staff.
- Practice proper table maintenance in compliance with company standards.
- Ensure every guest check is current and accurate before presenting it to the guest for payment.
- Collect payment and obtain member signature for every transaction.
- Perform side work and closing duties according to company guidelines and service guarantees
- Maintain a clean and organized dining room and work area.
- Visually inspect all work areas, food service and ensure they are clean and presentable to guests.
- Complies with all Food and Beverage regulations and liquor laws, including but not limited to checking ID before serving liquor to a member/guest that looks under 30 years of age, etc.
- Assist other associates as needed to ensure elevated member experience.
- Report all dining room incidents and concerns with members, guests, or employees to Outlets Manager.
- Work in all Food and Beverage Outlets as business requires.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATION:
- Required: Minimum of one (1) year of experience in same or similar positions in the Food & Beverage industry
- Required: Food Handlers Certification
- Required: Responsible Beverage Service Certification
- Ideal: TIPS Certification
- Required: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Required: At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Required: Reliable and punctual attendance.
- Required: Excellent time-management skills; prioritizing and completing assigned job tasks effectively.
- Ideal: Bi-lingual oral, speech, and writing skills in English and other languages is an asset in this position
- Required: Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Required: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to convey messages clearly and compose correspondence with correct and proper grammar.
- Required: convey messages clearly and confidently; persuade and effect change positively.
- Required: Capable of working effectively independently with minimal supervision
- Required: Strong analytical skills.
- Required: High attention to detail and accuracy
- Required: Strong organizational skills
- Required: Ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently meet deadlines and produce work in a timely manner.
- Required: Ability to elicit and accept constructive feedback.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, DEMANDS, AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Medium work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 15 pounds of force constantly to move objects (for example, carts, ice, tables, chairs, trays, and lounge furniture)
Hourly $19.00 USD
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)