Posted March 8, 2023Hotel Lincoln
Minimum Essential Job Functions, including but not limited to the following:
1. Prepare daily Restaurant Revenue Report data by auditing Point of Service tapes/journals to breakdown revenue, covers, waiters' fees, tips paid out and settlements by type and cashier.
2. Run audit reports/journals from the front office system, Point of Service and the computer.
3. Make corrections and adjustments and handle all computer problems that might occur throughout the shift.
4. Input into the front office system revenue/expenses/allowances to generate the daily reports such as the Guest Ledger Summary and the Daily Restaurant Summary.
5. Balance all revenue and settlement accounts nightly, maintain files and reset the system for next day operations.
6. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
7. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
8. This is a PT (part-time) position only, with additional shifts potentially available as a Front Desk Agent.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Basic mathematical skills and ability to make accurate mathematical calculations using a 10-key. Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
1816 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60614
184 Room Hotel
A Lincoln Park Hotel with a Contemporary Vintage Vibe
Chicago’s Hotel Lincoln, with our unpretentious staff, Midwestern charm, and fantastic location near DePaul University and Lincoln Park Zoo, invites you to get comfortable from the moment you pass through our doors. Eclectic in-room furnishings, sweeping views of Lake Michigan and the city’s iconic skyline, across-the-street access to Lincoln Park, and award-winning on-site eateries all set the tone for an experience that is quintessentially Chicago—and always genuine.