DOLLAR TREE FOOD
Target Hourly Rate
#Hs #Cb #In
Come Join Our Sodexo Team!
Do You Like Meeting New People? Enjoy Working With Food?
If So...Come Join Our Sodexo Team!
We are currently hiring part time and full time positions to join our Dollar Tree Corporate Cafe staff in Chesapeake, VA. Monday- Friday with some evening/weekend catering.This position is in our dishroom washing dishes and cookware, checking in trucks, overall cleaning during service and also responsible for cleaning, mopping, sanitizing, and properly serving all guest with a positive attitude.
Who Do We Look For?
We are looking for someone who is:
Does this sound like you? Then apply now! Our team is eager to hear from you.
- Friendly and compassionate
- Job description is below but we are looking for highly motivated people who has great customer service skills, must be organized and clean, etc
- Serve about 800 people on a daily basis
- Flexible schedule - part time or full time is available
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Hours of 6:30am -3:00 pm
The Dishroom Lead's primary objective is to provide a clean and safe kitchen area for our employees. They will wash and clean tableware, pots, pans and cooking equipment. This position will ensure the Dishroom and equipment are clean and organized. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Maintains a customer focus while performing duties.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for the cleanliness of dishware.
- Loads, runs and unloads dish machine.
- Keeps the dish machine clean and reports any functional or mechanical problems to the kitchen manager immediately.
- Monitors dish machine water temperature and chemical levels to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
- Washes and stores all tableware and kitchenware.
- Keeps Dishroom clean and organized.
- Completes opening and closing checklists.
- Maintains adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen.
- Bags and hauls kitchen trash to dumpster.
- Handles tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Maintains adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies.
- Cleans food preparation and production areas as required.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
- May assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 1 or more years related experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).