Posted March 10, 2023Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel
Do you want to work in a fun, and energetic environment where you will be challenged, rewarded, and inspired? Join the team at the Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel! We are a large, full-service hotel with multiple restaurant outlets and meeting space located in the heart of OKC's growing downtown destination area.
Candidates must have a self-starting personality and work well in a team environment. If that, is you, we want to hear from you!
JOB TYPE: Full-time
SCHEDULE: AM & PM Shifts
JOB OVERVIEW: Set up, tend, and break down banquet rooms and bars according to standard policies and procedures in a safe, efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Check Banquet Event Orders to determine function, the number of guests, and type of bar and event (house, premium, cash, open, etc.)
2. Set up banquet room as instructed by Supervisor to include linen, service ware, and glassware.
3. Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
4. Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Supervisor to ensure consistency throughout the banquet. Promptly remove dishes as guests complete watch course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
5. Once the banquet is complete, reset the banquet room according to Supervisor’s specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
6. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
7. Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
1 North Broadway Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
395 Room Hotel
Expect a memorable experience at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel. Our contemporary hotel is 10 miles from Will Rogers World Airport and boasts an ideal location in the area's most dynamic neighborhood. Offering a short walk to the New Convention Center, just steps from Bricktown's wealth of dining and entertainment opportunities, our hotel taps into the pulse of Oklahoma City. Enjoy visiting nearby attractions such as Paycom Center and Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark. Retreat to our rooms and suites with luxury bedding, flat-screen TVs, mini refrigerators and ergonomic work-spaces. When hunger strikes, explore our convenient and delicious on-site dining options. During downtime, take a walk around the new Scissortail Park or workout in our Fitness Center. With 29,837 square feet of flexible venue space, our hotel is also a top choice for conferences at the convention center or for other special events. An inspiring stay awaits at Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hote