Rooms & Guest Services Operations
The Ritz-Carlton St. Thomas, 6900 Great Bay, Saint Thomas, Virgin Islands, United States VIEW ON MAP
Functions as the strategic business leader of the property's Club Operations with responsibility for the Front Office. Works with direct reports (e.g., front office managers) to develop and implement departmental strategies and manage the implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. Verifies that Club Operations meet the brand’s standards, targets customer needs, monitors employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department and develops positive owner relations. Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a return on investment.
Education And Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
Core Work Activities
- Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the brand’s target customer.
- Analyzes service issues and identifies trends.
- Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward toward achievement of goals.
- Works with management team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
Managing Revenue Goals
- Monitors club operations sales performance against budget.
- Focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department
- Reviews reports and financial statements to determine club operations performance against budget.
- Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy & rate, wages and controllable expenses.
- Reviews the Wage Progress Report and compares budgeted wages to actual wages, coaching direct reports to address problem areas and holding team accountable for results.
Leading Operations And Department Teams
- Functions as the strategic business leader of the property's Club Operations with responsibility for the Front Office.
- Works with direct reports (e.g., front office managers) to develop and implement departmental strategies and manage the implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives.
- Develops and implements strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a return on investment.
- Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery and verifies alignment amongst the club leadership teams.
- Develops systems to enable employees to understand guest satisfaction results.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Develops positive owner relationships.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Managing The Guest Experience
- Reviews guest feedback with leadership team and verifies that appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Stays visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Creates an atmosphere in all Front Office areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
Managing And Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and manages the implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results.
- Verifies that employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Verifies that regular, ongoing communication is happening in Operations (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Verifies that property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Champions change, manages the implementation of brand and regional business initiatives and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.|