Compensation: $15.00 per hour, Full-Time
JOB OVERVIEW: Perform duties of Bellperson including assisting guests with luggage, performing pick-ups and drop-offs at the airport, assisting guests upon check-in and check-out and assisting with and checking luggage as needed.
REPORTS TO: Guest Services Manager/Bell Captain
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Show guests to room assisting them with their luggage after driving them from the airport to the hotel
2. Explain all hotel facilities, their location in the hotel, hours of operation, and answer all questions about these facilities and other hotel questions.
3. Check luggage for hotel guests both for day and overnight.
4. Maintain the designated station in the lobby, standing alert to be easily summoned for fronts.
5. Open doors and greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
6. Maintain the cleanliness of the bellstand, lobby and baggage room. Keep lobby door and windows clean when not busy with guests.
7. Post the daily events board and entertainment board in the lobby.
8. Maintain an open communication line through all shifts by proper use of intershift log.
9. Deliver messages and valet to guest rooms.
10. Perform pick ups and drop-offs at the airport for the guests in a timely and friendly manner and inspect vehicles.
11. May perform the duties of a valet as required.
12. Assist front desk with key inventory twice weekly.
13. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
14. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
MUST HAVE A VALID NY DRIVER's LICENSE WITH GOOD DRIVING RECORD
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to communicate with guests, respond to questions, knowledge of hotel service, local area events and activities. Ability to drive vans, limousines and automobiles. Have an excellent driving record as verified by a Motor Vehicle Report. Ability to ascertain information from luggage tags and claim checks to write numbers and names on claim checks and rooming lists. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage with sufficient manual dexterity in both hands to be able to load and unload luggage up to 75 lbs. Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions. Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling and/or walking.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
Must have clean driving record and unexpired drivers license
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Recently awarded the AAA Four Diamond Award, the Marriott Syracuse Downtown was restored to its original 1924 glory in 2016. We invite you to enjoy stunning surroundings both inside and out. Visit a variety of nearby attractions including Armory Square, Syracuse University and The Oncenter. When it's time to dine, enjoy savory breakfast, lunch and dinner at our three on-site restaurants. Those in need of a night in can order room service from our Fresh Bites Menu, available 24 hours. Renovated hotel rooms and suites feature a sleek design with the finest quality Stickley furniture, pillow top mattresses and flat-panel TVs. Marble bathrooms complement our modern, pet-friendly accommodations with double vanities and complimentary bath products. With 41,000 square feet of brilliant meeting space including a Conference Center, we can host memorable corporate and social events, complete with professional planning and catering services. Let us exceed your travel expectations.