Schulte Hospitality Group (SHG) is seeking a dynamic, service-oriented (Remote) Regional Vice President of Operations to join our Corporate team! SHG is an organization whose success is rooted in its service culture. Our mission is to exude hospitality, be respectful and authentic, prioritize the needs of our internal and external stakeholders above our own, and continuously strive to make a positive impact in all we do. We are passionate hoteliers eager to add like-minded people to our rapidly growing team!
What’s in it for you? When you join SHG you’ll be part of a team committed to an inclusive, employee-focused workplace that is invested in your development. We want you to feel engaged, empowered, and excited to grow with us. After all, we believe our greatest and most valuable asset is our people! SHG provides a rewarding, fun and flexible work environment, exciting perks, a robust benefit package and an atmosphere designed to encourage and promote career growth within the company.
Schulte Hospitality Group is a division of Schulte Companies, a leading third-party management company with deep, multi-generational experience in all facets of the hospitality industry. We are a diverse team of innovative hoteliers and restauranteurs operating more than 200 locations across 38 states and 3 countries. Our portfolio includes a wide array of reputable brands like Marriott, Hilton, IHG and Hyatt as well as many unique, independent, boutique and lifestyle properties and restaurants.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Promotes hotel's policies and philosophies to associates and guests through direct and indirect interaction.
- Creates the hotel's annual budget, monitors and measures performance of assigned hotels and coaches as appropriate throughout the year.
- Provides effective people leadership of assigned hotels by attracting, motivating, developing, rewarding and retaining top talent.
- Implements programs that meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to the Vice President of Operations and COO.
- Ensures that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Ensures a professional image at all times through appropriate business appearance and dress.
- Follows and promotes company policies and procedures and is able to effectively articulate and present the Company's vision and values.
- Performs other duties are assigned to meet business objectives.
- Responsible for the overall Revenue, Sales, and Operational Performance of each asset in his/her region.
- Responsible for GSS Performance of each hotel in his/her region, ensuring all hotels exceed the Brand average and do not fall below the Brand Required minimum threshold.
- Promote Company's policies and philosophies to all General Managers. Ensure proper follow up and follow thru on company deadlines and initiatives.
- Consistently and proactively measure hotel performance (Sales, Revenue, Market Share, GSS, GOP, Accounts Receivable) to ensure hotel exceeds target goals.
- Responsible for ensuring all hotels are meeting the Brand Guidelines for service, quality, training, and product. All hotels must pass annual of bi-annual inspections.
- Conducts weekly calls focused on monitoring hotel performance and updating any general concerns.
- Conducts a minimum of three (3) property visits per year utilizing the Property Visit Tool, Report, and Agenda.
- Effectively monitor Accounts Receivable performance monthly to ensure company compliance by all hotels.
- Conduct annual General Manager Performance Evaluations.
- Conducts monthly P&L Reviews with each General Manager to ensure focus on areas of opportunity and develop actions plans to improve performance.
- Review of Monthly Performance Reviews by each property.
- Participate on Weekly Revenue Calls regarding Focus Assets or those not meeting RPI goals.
- Works jointly with the Regional Revenue Manager and Regional Director of Sales in their region to ensure Sales, Marketing, and Revenue strategies are in line allowing us to achieve RPI goals.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality, Hotel or Restaurant Management or related field.
- Ten (10) years hotel leadership experience with a reputable hotel brand, preferably Hilton or Marriott.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge and deep understanding of all aspects of hotel operations.
- Must be detail oriented, with strong self organization and communication skills.
- Promotes an atmosphere of teamwork with the ability to lead by example.
- Builds morale and spirit while instilling an industry leading guest service attitude in all associates.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- "Hands-on" leadership approach to management and team development.
- Must be able to prioritize Regional functions in order to meet all deadlines.
- Executes all performance management, oversee recruitment & retention programs to include bonus program & annual reviews.
- Well-versed in strategic planning and operational execution
- Excellent communicator and dynamic presenter.
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct with clear communication.
- Travel Up to 50% of time
Commitment to Task Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
Communication Skills Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
Flexibility Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
Initiative Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude.
Managing Execution Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
Teamwork Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team's decisions; contributes to the team's efforts.
Work Today, Get Paid today with Daily Pay!
- Track your daily income with updates after every shift you work
- Transfer your earnings instantly or next day
- Automatically save a portion of your paycheck
In addition to Daily Pay, Schulte Hospitality Group offers a robust selection of perks/benefits that include, but aren’t limited to: Paid Time Off, Unlimited Referral Bonuses, Growth and Career Opportunities, Hotel Discounts, 401K, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account, Pet Insurance, Dependent Tuition Benefits, EAP Program, Marketplace Discounts at various retailers such as Disney, Apple, AT&T, Verizon and more, and a flexible and fun working environment! Schulte Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.