Under the direction of Bell Captain, the Door Person serves as a professional and knowledgeable representative of the hotel to all internal and external guests, ensuring the highest customer service standards of the Hotel brand are upheld at all times. The Door Person holds responsibility for welcoming all guests by opening the lobby doors as well as providing a fond farewell to all guests. This position ensures the guests’ arrival and departure experience is seamless.
1. Provides an exceptional guest experience through welcoming and greeting guests, vendors, and team members. Opens doors and assists guests entering and leaving the property while maintaining a professional and positive demeanor at all times.
2. Collaborates with Valet, Front Desk, VIP, Bellman, Lobby Ambassador and Concierge to ensure transportation arrangements are seamless for all guests. Communicates parking procedures to guests/visitors. Maintains the flow of guests ensuring they support valet and/or the lobby ambassadors anytime needed. Arranges transportation (e.g., taxi cab, shuttle bus) for guests/visitors, and records advance transportation request as needed.
3. Provides guests with directions, recommendations, and information about Hotel, Casino and Entertainment Center, as well as city attractions and general information Delivers personalized service to all guests and may at times escort to their room and/or their next interaction.
4. Completes regular customer service and safety training to maintain thorough knowledge and necessary certifications as required by the organization.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions – Environment
The physical demands and working environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel is located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA. It is one of the largest casinos on the West Coast, with 7,000 slot machines, 150 table games, and five high-limit rooms. We are one of the top 10 largest casino resorts in the US.
Guests enjoy sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains, live entertainment, and a full array of dining options, which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, Hong Bao Kitchen, Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, Chingon Kitchen, Big Mo’ Cafe, and 11 bars and lounges.
The Serrano Spa earned a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star award, and The Pines Modern Steakhouse and Yaamava’ Resorteach earned a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star award, with all three being the first in the Inland Empire to receive such designation. Yaamava' Resort and Casino at San Manuel also received two 2023 AAA Four Diamonds ratings for the new hotel and The Pines Modern Steakhouse.
The hotel is a 17-story tower with 432 guest rooms. Guests relax in an elevated pool with a bar and private cabanas, the lavish full-service Serrano spa and salon, a health and fitness center, a full array of dining options, multiple bars and lounges, and luxe retail shops.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry.
At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
Our benefits focus on five key areas of wellness - financial, emotional, physical, social, and occupational - because we know it takes more than a salary to thrive. The benefits under each category include everything from retirement, insurance and dental benefits to emotional wellness programs, home repair services, and much more.