Lead Line Cook, Exec Sous Chef, Sous Chef or Executive Chef
To produce all orders required by business volume and supervisor, as quickly and efficiently as possible, and to produce the highest quality product. Also, to produce all orders and to prep for Cafeteria.
Shift: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Open up each morning preparing and organizing the station and cooking all food necessary to start serving.
- Prepare all items for lunch; sauces, soups, buffet entrees, and switch over from lunch to dinner at the assigned time.
- Rearrange the line and steam table to facilitate luncheon cooking and service.
- Prepare all orders as turned in by wait staff and ensures all orders cooked quickly and according to order; also ensures that food leaves the kitchen in peak condition.
- Learn menus, recipes, preparation, and presentation.
- Ensure that all food is stored in proper containers and at proper storage and holding temperatures.
- Cook only sufficient food in advance to cover expected business volume and to maintain quality.
- Prepare all food needed by other kitchen departments which is best prepared by this department. Prepare all food for next shift and for the following day as required and directed by Supervisor.
- Maintain the work area, including all counter tops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition in accordance with state, county, and company health regulations and work safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to “prep” food products, using standardized food preparation techniques.
- Skill fully use hand tools or machines needed for work. Measure, cut, or otherwise work on materials or objects with great precision.
- Use arithmetic or shop geometry to figure amounts of material needed, dimensions to be followed and cost of materials.
- Read recipes of items to be prepared.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.
Education HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience Minimum 3 months cooking experience at a full service restaurant or hotel.
Licenses/Certifications Food Safety Certification
Posted September 22, 2023