Essential Duties And Responsibilities
include the following.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- To have a full working knowledge of all massage services stated in the brochure.
- To have a full working knowledge of all body services offered in the brochure.
- To know how to perform all massage and body services as they are stated in the treatment manual. To give a consistent level of service to each client.
- To have complete knowledge of all products those are used for service and retail.
- To work as a team member with all other cast members in the facility by supporting each others efforts as to offer the highest level of client service that is obtainable.
- To represent he facility in a positive manner to the community.
- To achieve the highest standard for professional excellence that is possible through client interaction, professional training and continuing education.
- To prescribe appropriate home care for the client.
- To maintain treatment records for all clients.
- To properly diagnose and subsequently treat healthy clients.
- To know all contraindications for services and products that are offered by the massage and body care department and to refer conditions that are other than healthy to the appropriate professional. To maintain and clean all equipment and implements necessary for complete body care services according to the sterilization requirements of the state.
- To maintain a clean working environment and help in maintaining a clean appearance for the rest of the facility.
- To be completely responsible for the client immediately before, during, and immediately after the service.
- To be willing to do many tasks that will enhance the experience of the client and the image of the spa including assisting where qualified, and Filling in for absent cast members.
- To ensure that all quality standards and rules/regulations of the state and spa are followed.
- To maintain a commitment to continued education, while employed by the facility.
- To attend all staff meetings and educational events sponsored by the facility.
- To represent the needs of the client to the facility by continually offering suggestions on how to better care for the client.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Comprehensive knowledge of wellness. A friendly and nurturing demeanor. Interest in related fields such as aromatherapy, herbal medicine, etc. A service-oriented attitude. A healthy and well maintained appearance.
Education And/Or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one year experience, as a minimum, working as a massage therapist. Interest and participation in continuing education.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. An ability to speak with confidence about the body, stress and injury protocol, treatment recommendations and products.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Proper licensing as required by the state.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet. Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
Additional Duties/ Job Dimensions
Regular attendance in conformance with standards, which may be established by Bally’s Shreveport from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to Bally’s Shreveport Attendance Policy. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one year experience, as a minimum, working as a massage therapist. Interest and participation in continuing education. Proper licensing as required by the state.
Posted February 13, 2024