B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is a subsidiary of the largest private real estate company in the Washington, D.C. area, and has been in operation for over 130 years. The Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of more than 20 business class hotels with top brands from Intercontinental Hotel Groups, Marriott International, Hilton, and Best Western Hotels: along with The Watermark Hotel, The Hay-Adams Hotel, and Perch Putt. These properties are operated by a team of more than 1,000 enthusiastic hospitality professionals!
Wren’s story begins with its name. Meaning “love” in Japanese, it is a nod to the country and culture that plays a significant role in our concept's spirit. When referring to the bird, “wren” evokes a friendly, bubbly energy that perfectly captures the establishment’s warmth and effervescence. Inspired by the Japanese concept of izakaya, Wren is a space for guests to comfortably gather and connect while sharing good food, drink, and companionship.
Chef Yo Matsuzaki draws upon locally-grown ingredients to present guests with sophisticated but approachable cuisine that fuses Japanese street food with modern American elements. From perfectly shucked oysters and expertly-cut sashimi to dishes such as baby beet salad with yuzu pistachio vinaigrette or grilled “Mishima” wagyu steak, the menu celebrates the best of both cultures. To complete the experience, bartenders serve meticulously curated cocktails and locally crafted beer and wine that, for anyone interested, can be expertly paired with the cuisine. From start to finish, whether dropping in for happy hour, lingering over a long, romantic dinner, or topping off an evening at the theater with a nightcap, Wren is a unique destination that offers exceptional dining without pretense and a true gathering place for all.
This position is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing all dishware and equipment, and completing general routine cleaning tasks. Adheres to all health regulation, and follows high standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Dish Room / Washing Duties: Maintains the dish machine, ensuring minimum temp requirements are maintained. Cleans the dishwasher, changes the water based on amount of use, and cleans curtains and traps. Air dries dishes as needed to ensure no spots, and ensures proper storage (not stored wet). Inspects dishes being washed and re-washes as necessary.
- Cleaning: Responsible for removal of trash, breaking down boxes, railroad scheduled cleaning, and maintaining floors. Completes deep cleaning projects, quarterly power sprays the kitchen, and may often be asked to clean other areas such as the associate break room.
- Guest Service: Anticipates and responds to varying levels of business to meet the needs of internal and external customers. Willing assists others on the team within and outside the department to ensure guest needs are met.
- Cost Control: Responsible for proper use of all equipment. Adheres to cost controls to reduce expenses and waste. Monitors use of dishwashing and cleaning chemicals to reduce cost, and helps to reduce breakage during washing and storage process.
- Works Safely: Maintains a clean and safe work area in compliance with B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Operates all equipment following safe and proper procedures. Follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for guest/associate incidents. Knowledgeable of hotel emergency procedures.
- Self Management: Produces required volume of work by planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties. Adheres to B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group attendance policy, grooming and appearance standards, and general work rules and department procedures. Attends all required department and hotel meetings.
- Other Duties: Often asked to plate for banquet events, food preparation, production assignments such as cutting bulk prep of vegetables or other duties. Assists other areas as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Some High school coursework required.
- Must be dependable, pay attention to details, be customer focused and have the ability to perform job duties in a repetitious and fast paced environment.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds on a consistent basis throughout shift.
- Requires ability to complete physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and moving about the dish room continuously throughout the shift.
- Prior dishwashing experience preferred. EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse professionals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Posted November 17, 2023