The individual in this role will utilize their existing skills, as well as develop new ways to research, analyze, comprehend, and interpret property-wide data and make practical and actionable recommendations for improving property operations. Must be able to review, analyze, and report on statistical Gaming, Food and Beverage, and Marketing trends and provide a comprehensive summary and analysis on promotions, events, entertainment, and general accounting. In addition, this position will prepare supplemental reports and analyses in conjunction with the requirements under the Property Loan and Lease Agreements with Summit Partners. These duties also include non-gaming analytical presentations in support of property development options and other business decisions in which there are choices between options.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given.
• Work with all departments to provide and interpret property wide reporting
• Responsible for the generation of periodic analytical reports to support monthly financial statements
• Perform comprehensive analysis of promotions, events, direct mail campaigns and provide ongoing recommendations for improving database performance
• Track and record daily Gaming, Food and Beverage, Retail, and Marketing statistics for daily/monthly and annual analysis
• Analyze staffing and productivity levels
• Analyze and make recommendations related to pricing and comp policy in Food and Beverage, and Retail
• Study and analyze processes and procedures to improve efficiency of all operations
• Prepare financial schedules exhibiting department and company-wide performance
• Assist with the preparation of budgets
• Assist in special analysis projects as required by management
• Responsible for user support on various business application solutions.
• Presentation of monthly budgets
• Conducting budget and operations review
• Closing monthly financials on a timely basis
• Computation of financial covenants and other loan compliance requirements
• Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the general tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor degree from a four-year college or university in an analytical and/or business oriented major (Mathematical, Computer Science or Engineering Degree) or four years of experience is preferred.
• Casino experience, a must
• CPA, preferred
• Demonstrated Analytical Skills
• Works independently and is goal oriented
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Committed and dedicated
• Technically current on accounting treatments
• Familiar with maintenance of debt covenants and reporting under loan requirements
• Experience with establishment of performance metrics. Participation in strategy planning meetings to identify and provide analysis for the key strategic initiatives as they relate to direct marketing, hotel yield, casino promotions etc. Work closely with the team in ensuring that analysis is comprehensive and cohesive.
• Take responsibility of the property-wide data dissemination process using a Business Intelligence tool.
• Lead financial team and labor analysts in terms of task allocation, deadlines, motivation and training
• Identify opportunities for operational improvement that will enhance financial performance.
• Using financial and operational analytics prioritize identified opportunities and work with the organization’s executive leadership to develop implementation strategies.
• Develop reporting and feedback tools to identify and monitor operational initiatives and financial performance.
• Provide perspective, financial modeling, and analytical support for new initiatives.
• Understanding of key statistical analysis ideal.
• Must be proficient in a PC environment, including the use of MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word, Microsoft SQL Queries required.
• The candidate must possess at least three (3) years of work experience in a high-paced environment that involved quantitative analysis.
• Previous experience in a casino related industry is strongly preferred.
• Working knowledge of relational database programs required.
• Familiarity with statistical software packages
• Must have excellent communications skills and the ability to present statistical data in terms that are relevant and actionable.
• Must have the ability to synthesize information into meaningful conclusions and recommendations. Must display good interpersonal skills and have a positive cooperative attitude with both internal and external customers.
• Must be able to work with other areas of Finance and Operations.
• Must have the ability to balance multiple concurrent projects with varying degrees of priority, as well as working independently on projects from conception to completion.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must be able to work various and irregular shifts including nights, weekends and/or holidays, as needed to meet critical deadlines
• Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, and obtain and maintain a gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission.
Supervisory responsibilities, as required to fulfill the job content
Using the primary language identified as English, the following are required:
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, policies and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain gaming license from the Pueblo of Tesuque Gaming Commission.
• CPA strongly preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the Employee will be required to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods. The Employee is required to kneel, bend, squat, stoop, crouch, climb and crawl. The Employee will use fingers and hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, perform repetitive motions with fingers while using a keyboard, mouse and other equipment and must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to twenty-five (25) lbs. The Employee must be able to talk and hear in an environment with varying noise levels, see close, distant and colors, and smell and taste. Requires working in an environment with exposure to smoke, high noise level and temperature changes.
Work performed generally in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekends, holidays, extended hours, and irregular shifts will be required.
Tesuque Casino, owned by the Pueblo of Tesuque, is located in the foothills of the gorgeous Sangre de Cristo mountains, 10 miles north of Santa Fe, Mexico.
The gaming facility offers a 72,000 square-foot casino, which features 800 slot machines and 10 table games. Food venues include Cottonwood Kitchen with an exhibition kitchen, ample lounge and bar area overlooking the casino floor, and a 75-seat outdoor patio. Grab & Go offers fast food at an affordable price for casino players on the go.
Tesuque Casino offers live, intimate performances seven days a week, in the 4,000 sq. ft. lounge area featuring local musicians and some of the nation’s biggest acts.
Tesuque is the Spanish variation of a traditional Tewa language name for “village of the narrow place of the cottonwood trees.” The beauty of this magnificent landscape also contributed to the design and construction of the casino, with massive walls of windows giving every guest a front row seat to some of the most spectacular imagery that nature has to offer.