Commission Based Position!JOB DESCRIPTION
Help people manage a health condition or enhance wellness by using touch, pressure, and movement to manipulate the bodys muscles and soft tissues to achieve different goals, such as relaxation, pain management, injury recovery, stress reduction, and relief from muscle tension.
Essential Job Functions
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week.
- Must possess the ability to perform consecutive services in pre-determined period.
- Willing and able to work all shifts including weekends/holidays.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
- Name badge and proper/uniform must be always worn.
- Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions.
- Provide massage/body treatment services to guests using tools and/or products that are provided.
- Assess guest needs before and inquire about any conflict in service including allergies, injuries, and/or pregnancy before beginning service.
- Escort guests to and from treatment rooms.
- Able to follow professional protocols and resort standards.
- Promote and sell spa services including retail offerings related to the Spa.
- Maintain cleanliness of workstation and/or treatment room throughout shift, dispose of dirty linens, and stock supplies and equipment at the end of each shift.
- Monitor time/schedule throughout the day assuring pick up and drop off for guest is punctual.
- Able to handle inappropriate guest behavior by following brand standard operating procedures.
- Maintain current skills and licensure in service area as per regional requirements.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Valid Massage Therapy license.
- A minimum of 500 hours of massage therapy courses.
- At least four years of experience as a professional massage therapist.
- Resort and Spa experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Sales and customer services skills.
- Excellent time management skills are required.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Standing is required during the entire shift.
- Frequent twisting, bending, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing and smiling.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Room Discounts
- Employee Food and Beverage Discounts
EEO: Driftwood Hospitality Management is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Posted December 1, 2023