Compensation: min: usd $61,390.67/yr., mid: usd $76,738.33/yr., max: usd $92,086.00/yr.,
We are searching for a dynamic Food & Beverage Director to lead the team at The San Mateo Marriott. This full-service Marriott is convenient to San Francisco Airport and Silicon Valley. Deluxe accommodations feature 476 guestrooms and suites. Food and beverage outlets include 2 restaurants, lounge, coffee shop, gift shop, business center, pool and spa, exercise room. Concierge tower rooms with private lounge. 24,000 Square feet of meeting and banquet space.
The Food & Beverage Director is responsible for assuring attentive friendly courteous and efficient service in all F&B Outlets (Restaurant Room Service Lounge Market and Banquets) while maintaining adherence to budgeted payroll and overhead cost. He/she is also responsible for continually working towards improving Restaurant Room Service Lounge Market and Banquet sales revenues to meet or exceed budget. The Director of Food and Beverage is responsible for directing and organizing the activities of the Food and Beverage Department to ensure a consistently high-quality food product while at the same time developing his/her team and driving a positive work environment. In addition this position is charged with consistently improving guest and employee satisfaction. The incumbent in this role may function in the role of a Chef as required. Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is calculated accordingly.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience. Or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 to 2 years of related experience or a Culinary Degree with 1 to 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field.
- Holds and maintains applicable certification requirements for position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First Aid
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Extensive experience in restaurant bar banquet catering in room dining and kitchen management required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations maintaining composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions. Have the ability to analyze forecast data and make judgments to ensure proper payroll and production control
- Familiar with the general organization of a Hotel and know the function of each department.
- Communicates in a timely and efficient manner possess strong communication skills excellent speaking reading and writing skills computer skills and basic technological acumen.
- Knowledge and experience with forecasting budgeting labor management and purchasing to ensure maximum productivity
- Must be able to complete all applicable forecasting and budgeting in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers employees and other departments.
- Knowledgeable and aware of local competition and industry trends.
- Responsible for organizing directing supervising and assisting in the preparation and service of all food and beverage based on standardized recipes for the Restaurant Room Service Market Employee Cafeteria and Banquets while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product.
- He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness sanitation and safety in the kitchens service stations FOH BOH work and storage areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
- He/she plans meals and service while directing and guiding the Chef with various assignments i.e. pricing banquets etc.
- This role is ultimately responsible for providing oversight of the kitchen staff outlets banquet food display merchandising and operations of the kitchen service beverage and banquet departments as required.
Posted November 10, 2023