With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal and Transportation Benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
The Field HR Specialist is engaged in complex administrative HR processes and procedures, and serves a primarily tactical role where guidelines and procedures are clearly established. The Specialist assists with communicating and deploying corporate and local HR initiatives, participates in recruiting activities, delivers training and orientation, and processes required forms and worksheets. This position is responsible for assisting in creating and maintaining a positive HR presence among operations and staff within the branch. This is a non-exempt position and generally reports to the HR Manager, depending on local requirements.
- Assists in establishing a positive HR presence with all associates and management within the branch.
- Assists in the application of all federal, state, and local laws, collective bargaining agreements, and corporate and local HR policies and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring that all required HR standards are understood and followed by associates.
- Coordinates / facilitates HR investigations.
- Proactively interacts with associates, identifies business and people issues, effectively resolves HR administration problems, maintains confidentiality, and escalates issues to the HR Generalist or HR Manager, as necessary.
- Understands airport/landlord policies and procedures and partners with operations to assist with compliance.
- Supports the full recruitment process including posting new positions, conducting initial applicant screenings, coordinating interviews, performing administrative tasks to complete system based hiring process, and scheduling and tracking badging activities. May participate in Job Fairs and other recruiting efforts.
- Responds to associate inquiries and questions related to pay, paid time off, scheduling, assignments, complaints, policies and procedures, and the on-boarding process.
- Performs general administrative functions including but not limited to maintaining employee files, document retention, report generation, processing changes to employee records in HRMS systems and appropriate persons, completing logs and checklists, processing required forms and worksheets, and maintaining HR data, forms, and documents.
- Coordinates and delivers new hire orientation
- Promotes positive associate and labor relations.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires High school diploma or general education development (GED) diploma
- Requires 3-4 years of administrative experience in a Human Resources function/environment;
- Requires coursework towards HR certification or demonstration of understanding of technical, statutory, and regulatory HR best practices.
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with associates
- Requires strong knowledge of HR technical subjects
- Require demonstration of expertise in preparing computer based documents, spreadsheets and presentations, and familiarity with HRMS systems, PeopleSoft a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
Posted November 15, 2023