Under the direction of the Sr. Housekeeping Manager, the Assistant Manager Housekeeping is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Hotel department. This integral role focuses on managing, maintaining, and improving the housekeeping services and operations. The Assistant Manager of Housekeeping will work closely with the Senior Housekeeping Manager by leading the department’s service and standards to align with Forbes standards and the enterprise. Additionally, the Assistant Manager of Housekeeping is responsible for meeting and exceeding employees’ and guest’s service experience expectations.
1. Assists Sr. Housekeeping Manager in leading and administering all housekeeping operations including, but not limited to; inventory control, department management (such as payroll, scheduling and time off request) enforcement and training of procedures and operation standards, participating and facilitating department meetings. Conduct daily Rooms’ inspections for suites, VIPs and site inspection rooms. Complete scored rooms inspections for all supervisors at minimum 6 vacant clean rooms and 4 occupied rooms daily. Inspect 1 houseman’s section daily and provide a score.
2. Drives results through staff development and appropriate training programs, monitors result through evaluation, inspection, and analysis. Ensures effective processes, positions, and performance management systems are in place. Managing the selection, training, and development of Associates, focusing on maximum productivity and Associate and guest satisfaction. Provides leadership and direction in the execution and measurement of guest service standards within all operations to ensure continued growth and profitability.
3. Follows health and safety policies and procedures for staff and safeguards their compliance. Ensures all team members consistently meet all standards of safety, cleanliness and maintenance throughout the department, and required certifications are up-to-date. Constant inspections of the hotel to ensure adherence to our cleanliness and maintenance standards. Ensures proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, confirming complete training for team members, and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with federal, state, local, and enterprise regulations. Ensures all equipment is maintained and used accordingly.
4. Follows-up to ensure all maintenance requests pertaining to guest rooms and departmental equipment are addressed in an efficient manner. Oversees the quality and performance of associates. Ensures laundry par levels and usage are compliant with hotel demands.
5. Monitors and evaluates all daily departmental activities to ensure the successful day-to-day management of operations. Analyze departmental issues and recommends to Sr. Housekeeping Manager courses of action to improve and/or enhance the overall department performance. Assists with monthly supply inventory and quarterly linen inventory.
6. Maintains familiarity with Forbes Travel Guide standards and occupational knowledge and skills by enforcing standards, attending seminars, educational workshops and classes.
7. Assists Sr. Housekeeping Manager in operations of department. Analyzes labor reports, monitors inventory, consumption and ordering for replacement of guest and cleaning supplies and reports discrepancies.
8. Creates an environment that motivates employees to collaborate, learn, perform, and develop their skills. Oversees a diverse team of well-trained team members by leading by example, empowering, sharing knowledge, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle. Coordinates department activities with other departments to facilitate and ensures increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
9. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and assumes other responsibilities, duties, tasks and assignments that contribute to the mitigation or response to any public health emergency.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Makes hiring decisions and designs individual development plans with succession planning in mind for all key roles.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel is located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA. It is one of the largest casinos on the West Coast, with 7,000 slot machines, 150 table games, and five high-limit rooms. We are one of the top 10 largest casino resorts in the US.
Guests enjoy sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains, live entertainment, and a full array of dining options, which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, Hong Bao Kitchen, Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, Chingon Kitchen, Big Mo’ Cafe, and 11 bars and lounges.
The Serrano Spa earned a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star award, and The Pines Modern Steakhouse and Yaamava’ Resorteach earned a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star award, with all three being the first in the Inland Empire to receive such designation. Yaamava' Resort and Casino at San Manuel also received two 2023 AAA Four Diamonds ratings for the new hotel and The Pines Modern Steakhouse.
The hotel is a 17-story tower with 432 guest rooms. Guests relax in an elevated pool with a bar and private cabanas, the lavish full-service Serrano spa and salon, a health and fitness center, a full array of dining options, multiple bars and lounges, and luxe retail shops.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry.
At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
Click here to see why you’ll want to work on our Team
After 35 years, Yaamava Resort & Casino employees still love their jobs!
Our team members enjoy a competitive base salary, an annual discretionary performance bonus, and an annual merit increase as part of our total rewards package. Additionally, San Manuel supports team members' financial health through 401(k) retirement savings plans that offer a 2% core discretionary contribution and matching, and a host of other services - from discounts to tuition assistance.
Apply today to join our team!