Under the general direction of the Hotel’s Housekeeping Assistant Managers, the Housekeeping Office Coordinator acts as a liaison between Housekeeping and various departments including but not limited to Front Desk, Facilities, and Security. This integral role is responsible for providing administrative office support and clerical coverage to ensure Housekeeping operations are efficient and aligned with Forbes standards and enterprise policies and procedures.
1. Assists Housekeeping Supervisors and Assistant Managers by creating and directing associates into their corresponding roles on a day-to-day basis, including but not limited to, producing daily assignment sheets, filing departmental reports, answering, and directing all internal and external calls in a courteous and professional manner, assigning radios, keeping records on file, and acting as liaison between various departments. Acts as contact/liaison between Department, vendors, and suppliers. Assists with data entry for the department, as needed. Coordinates meetings with staff of other departments. Frequently utilizes radio to communicate with team members.
2. Follows-up to ensure all maintenance requests pertaining to guest rooms and departmental equipment are addressed in an efficient manner. Assists with monitoring quality and performance of associates. Ensures all requests are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with Forbes standards. Communicates constantly with Room Attendants to ensure their access to assigned rooms.
3. Contributes to an environment which motivates team members to collaborate, learn, perform, and develop their skills. Contributes to diverse team of well-trained team members by leading by example, empowering, sharing knowledge, and assisting throughout employment lifecycle.
4. Keeps up to date on health and safety policies and procedures and ensures all team members consistently meet standards of safety, cleanliness, and maintenance throughout Department, including ensuring all required certifications remain current.
5. Assists with monitoring of daily departmental activities to ensure successful day-to-day management of operations. Assists with departmental issues by collaborating with Housekeeping Assistant Managers on courses of action to improve and/or enhance the overall Department performance.
6. Maintains familiarity with Forbes Travel Guide standards and remains current on occupational knowledge and skills by following and demonstrating standards.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficient operation of Department.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel is located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA. It is one of the largest casinos on the West Coast, with 7,000 slot machines, 150 table games, and five high-limit rooms. We are one of the top 10 largest casino resorts in the US.
Guests enjoy sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains, live entertainment, and a full array of dining options, which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, Hong Bao Kitchen, Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, Chingon Kitchen, Big Mo’ Cafe, and 11 bars and lounges.
The Serrano Spa earned a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star award, and The Pines Modern Steakhouse and Yaamava’ Resorteach earned a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star award, with all three being the first in the Inland Empire to receive such designation. Yaamava' Resort and Casino at San Manuel also received two 2023 AAA Four Diamonds ratings for the new hotel and The Pines Modern Steakhouse.
The hotel is a 17-story tower with 432 guest rooms. Guests relax in an elevated pool with a bar and private cabanas, the lavish full-service Serrano spa and salon, a health and fitness center, a full array of dining options, multiple bars and lounges, and luxe retail shops.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry.
At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
Click here to see why you’ll want to work on our Team
After 35 years, Yaamava Resort & Casino employees still love their jobs!
Our team members enjoy a competitive base salary, an annual discretionary performance bonus, and an annual merit increase as part of our total rewards package. Additionally, San Manuel supports team members' financial health through 401(k) retirement savings plans that offer a 2% core discretionary contribution and matching, and a host of other services - from discounts to tuition assistance.
Apply today to join our team!