The Senior Cashier is responsible for the training of frontline Cashiers on all Cage windows. Senior Cashiers are responsible for evaluating the progress of all new hires during their training period. Senior Cashiers are responsible for promoting growth in the fields of customer service, inter-department relations, and departmental relations for all Cashiers. Under the direction of the Cage Operations Supervisor, the Senior Cashier is responsible for the overall smooth operation and training of the Cage and Cage Support area. They assist in ensuring all policies and procedures governed by the Gaming Commission’s Regulations (GCR’s) are implemented, enforced and adhered to. In addition, they ensure the San Manuel Entertainment Authority is in compliance with the Title-31 Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Patriot Act as it pertains to Tribal Casinos.The Senior Cashier, in collaboration with the Cage Operations Supervisor, complies with federal and state tax laws, as they pertain to tax withholding and information reporting on Forms W-2G, 1099MISC (W-9) and 1042S for patron wins and prizes paid.
1. Assists with design and preparation of instructional materials.
2. Drives implementation and training of all policies and procedures; notifies team members of revisions to policies and procedures. Conducts new team member orientation/training for Cage Operations Line Cashiers and Support. Evaluates capabilities and knowledge of their Trainee(s). Completes all necessary related documentation in accordance with the established system of internal controls; processes necessary tax forms for required transactions.
3. Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements in all areas at all times. Adheres to all audit and legal regulations/laws and practices. Ensures San Manuel Entertainment Authority is compliant with BSA and Patriot Act as it pertains to Tribal Casinos. Maintains current knowledge of Internal Revenue Service and the State of California laws and regulations as they pertain to tax withholding and information.
4. Inspects and monitors money, examining for counterfeit currency, coins, fraudulent identification, credit cards and monetary instruments.
5. Assists with window counts; notifies shift Supervisor in event of a variance. Participates in verifying all cash drawers for weekly and month end inventory. Completes daily, random and special audits of cashier banks. Verifies various types of payouts.
6. Identifies, prioritizes and resolves problems occurring during assigned shift and communicates important information to Cage Operations management on a timely basis. Assists in all areas of the cage when necessary.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel is located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA. It is one of the largest casinos on the West Coast, with 7,000 slot machines, 150 table games, and five high-limit rooms. We are one of the top 10 largest casino resorts in the US.
Guests enjoy sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains, live entertainment, and a full array of dining options, which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, Hong Bao Kitchen, Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, Chingon Kitchen, Big Mo’ Cafe, and 11 bars and lounges.
The Serrano Spa earned a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star award, and The Pines Modern Steakhouse and Yaamava’ Resorteach earned a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star award, with all three being the first in the Inland Empire to receive such designation. Yaamava' Resort and Casino at San Manuel also received two 2023 AAA Four Diamonds ratings for the new hotel and The Pines Modern Steakhouse.
The hotel is a 17-story tower with 432 guest rooms. Guests relax in an elevated pool with a bar and private cabanas, the lavish full-service Serrano spa and salon, a health and fitness center, a full array of dining options, multiple bars and lounges, and luxe retail shops.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry.
At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
Our benefits focus on five key areas of wellness - financial, emotional, physical, social, and occupational - because we know it takes more than a salary to thrive. The benefits under each category include everything from retirement, insurance and dental benefits to emotional wellness programs, home repair services, and much more.