Come join our TEAM today!
Come join our TEAM today!
Compensation: $50,000 - $70,000 Per year, Full-Time
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring proper operations, maintenance service, and repair of all equipment while supporting the Chief Engineer in achieving the Vacation Myrtle Beach goals of guest satisfaction, cost control, and profitability. He/she is also responsible for overseeing and participating in the Preventative Maintenance program ensuring that all rooms and public space meet Vacation Myrtle Beach standards. Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities.
* Demonstrate positive leadership, which inspires employees to meet and exceed standards.
* Ensure department staff are trained in all aspects of the maintenance department and duties.
* Motivate, coach, counsel, and discipline all maintenance personnel according to Vacation Myrtle Beach values and SOP’s.
* Completes reports (i.e., action plans, attendance reports, corrective action forms, etc.)
* Coordinate training for new employees
* Interviews potential new staff in the absence of Chief Engineer
* Assist with all training for each position within the department.
* Personally demonstrate a commitment to customer service by responding promptly to guest needs
* Ensure staff, including all new hires, are trained to meet standards.
* Empower Engineering staff to deliver customer service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance.
* Manage department within budget.
* Maintain a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
* Emphasize training and development as a way of doing business to empower employees to successfully perform their jobs.
* Maintain physical product standards by routinely inspecting the entire resort to ensure that all F.F. & E. is in proper working condition and departmental supplies are stocked at proper levels.
* Complete work orders on time and within budget
* Maintain cost-effective preventative maintenance program.
* Assist in administering outside engineering vendor contracts.
* Assist in establishing, implementing, maintaining preventative maintenance schedule.
* Communicate with Chief Engineer regarding all aspects of engineering operations.
* Maintain work areas clean and organized.
* Promote employee empowerment.
* Report all unsafe conditions immediately.
* Complete other duties assigned by supervisor to include cross training.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Customer service skills
Organizational skills and attention to detail
Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
Ability to prioritize tasks.
Function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Good physical health and stamina
Capability to work with little or no supervision while meeting high-performance standards.
Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, life safety systems, preventative maintenance systems and all related engineering disciplines
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent
Previous management or supervisory experience of 2-4 years
Valid driver’s license
Vacation Myrtle Beach is Myrtle Beach’s largest all-oceanfront resort group, managed by Legacy Business Solutions, LLC, comprised of the most exciting, fun-filled, and enjoyable places ever to experience a beach vacation! With nearly 3,000 accommodations ranging from hotel rooms and suites, to one-, two-, three-, and four-bedroom condos, to beautiful beach houses, Vacation Myrtle Beach offers an option for families, friends and other groups of all shapes and sizes. Vacation Myrtle Beach resorts feature the best amenities and are the premier place for FUN on the East Coast. With resort waterparks, dozens of pools, lazy rivers, hot tubs, and other water features, entertainment centers, a 20-lane bowling center, and all of the dining options you could ever want, you’ll never have such a great time without leaving the resort! Look no further than Vacation Myrtle Beach to create lasting memories and the best vacation experience ever for your family and loved ones!
To give our guests the most exciting, fun-filled, and enjoyable vacation experience ever!