The Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing a wide range of office support activities for the Food & Beverage department managers, supervisors and support staff to facilitate the efficient operation of the department. Projecting a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction, the Administrative Assistant job duties will include general clerical, reception and project-based work. The position enhances both team’s effectiveness through the execution of a variety of essential administrative duties requiring sensitivity, initiative and independent judgment. The Administrative Assistant supports all team’s priorities, facilitating the development of relevant policies and actions. The Administrative Assistant must use independent judgment and initiative in the planning, organization and performance of confidential and time sensitive administrative assignments.
1. Assists with payroll responsibilities, which include entering codes, weekly review of hours, worked and ensuring employees are paid correctly.
2. Assists department management staff with general administrative tasks such as record keeping, copying, filing, organizing, scheduling, developing documents, answering and directing phones. Procures all trade supplies, and capital expenditures for the entire department, petty cash transactions and reimbursements.
3. Maintains all information entered into department databases, including employee contact information, corrective action, guest complaints, daily sales, variances, leaves of absence, and complimentary meal reporting.
4. Carries out day-to-day office administrative functions; ensures that all records and files are maintained and held securely and that the confidentiality of information is upheld.
5. Arranges and assists in planned meetings; prepares summaries of meetings and conferences, as needed or directed.
6. Controls asset tracking, including verification and disposition of assets.
7. Organizes and maintains executive files and other confidential records and databases through document retention systems, to prepare the department for internal and external audits.
8. Acts as a liaison for any visitors to the Food & Beverage office, contacts the party and escorts them to their location.
9. Monitors the entire department's TB test and Food Handler Card renewals and notifications.
10. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Minimum of two (2) years related administrative experience required.
Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel is required.
Above average clerical, typing and organizational skills is required.
Demonstrative experience working in a highly professional, multi-tasking environment and possessing outstanding interpersonal skills is mandatory.
Polished and professional demeanor in person, online and via phone with exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including strong spelling and grammatical skills.
Demonstrated maturity and poise; ability to employ perfect discretion with privileged information.
Must be detail-orientated and able to work independently.
Must maintain a professional appearance.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
Must obtain and maintain a current Food Handlers Card and negative TB test.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel is located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA. It is one of the largest casinos on the West Coast, with 7,000 slot machines, 150 table games, and five high-limit rooms. We are one of the top 10 largest casino resorts in the US.
Guests enjoy sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains, live entertainment, and a full array of dining options, which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, Hong Bao Kitchen, Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, Chingon Kitchen, Big Mo’ Cafe, and 11 bars and lounges.
The Serrano Spa earned a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star award, and The Pines Modern Steakhouse and Yaamava’ Resorteach earned a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star award, with all three being the first in the Inland Empire to receive such designation. Yaamava' Resort and Casino at San Manuel also received two 2023 AAA Four Diamonds ratings for the new hotel and The Pines Modern Steakhouse.
The hotel is a 17-story tower with 432 guest rooms. Guests relax in an elevated pool with a bar and private cabanas, the lavish full-service Serrano spa and salon, a health and fitness center, a full array of dining options, multiple bars and lounges, and luxe retail shops.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry.
At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
Our benefits focus on five key areas of wellness - financial, emotional, physical, social, and occupational - because we know it takes more than a salary to thrive. The benefits under each category include everything from retirement, insurance and dental benefits to emotional wellness programs, home repair services, and much more.