Reporting to the Spa Services Supervisor, the Massage Therapist provides relaxation, wellness and restoration to guests through Best in Class Spa services to include massages, body treatments and overall general wellness care. Additional responsibilities of the Massage Therapist include operational excellence, product/service knowledge and superior safety and sanitization best practices. The Massage Therapist ensures a clean and safe environment for all patrons, team members and vendors, while safeguarding enterprise assets and guaranteeing departmental integrity.
1. Greets Spa guests and ensures they are comfortable during service and wait time at Spa, and provides them with Best in Class massages and/or body treatments; using several different types of techniques/scope of practice. Upholds enterprise, industry, and Department policies and procedures (including Standard Operating Procedures); ensuring professionalism and compliance at all times. Monitors and performs to time schedule throughout shift.
2. Prepares room and tools necessary for scheduled treatments prior to appointment start time. Ensures treatment rooms and areas are clean and sanitized using approved sanitizing procedures. Restocks treatment products in treatment areas regularly. Removes soiled laundry and resets with clean laundry using all required safety and sanitizing practices during shift.
3. Communicates with guests in a professional and thoughtful manner to identify any medical issues, allergies or other concerns while discussing guest’s general wellness and goals prior to conducting service. Exhibits genuine sense of concern for guest’s comfort and safety at all times. Ensures personal/sensitive guest information remains confidential.
4. As needed, assists with opening and closing duties for Spa Services while ensuring cleanliness, health and safety of all Spa facilities, Spa treatment areas, and dispensary of professional Spa products.
5. Collaborates with Department upper management in ongoing development and positioning of Spa Treatment and Service offerings in terms of overall concept definition, philosophy, service and product offerings. Remains current on industry standards and techniques.
6. Assists with maintaining strong loyalty wellness membership program.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficient operation of Department.
Yaamava’ Resort and Casino at San Manuel will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel is located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA. It is one of the largest casinos on the West Coast, with 7,000 slot machines, 150 table games, and five high-limit rooms. We are one of the top 10 largest casino resorts in the US.
Guests enjoy sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains, live entertainment, and a full array of dining options, which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, Hong Bao Kitchen, Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, Chingon Kitchen, Big Mo’ Cafe, and 11 bars and lounges.
The Serrano Spa earned a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star award, and The Pines Modern Steakhouse and Yaamava’ Resorteach earned a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star award, with all three being the first in the Inland Empire to receive such designation. Yaamava' Resort and Casino at San Manuel also received two 2023 AAA Four Diamonds ratings for the new hotel and The Pines Modern Steakhouse.
The hotel is a 17-story tower with 432 guest rooms. Guests relax in an elevated pool with a bar and private cabanas, the lavish full-service Serrano spa and salon, a health and fitness center, a full array of dining options, multiple bars and lounges, and luxe retail shops.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry.
At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
Our benefits focus on five key areas of wellness - financial, emotional, physical, social, and occupational - because we know it takes more than a salary to thrive. The benefits under each category include everything from retirement, insurance and dental benefits to emotional wellness programs, home repair services, and much more.