The Information Technology (IT) department for the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians (the Tribe) provides and supports a leading-edge technology infrastructure to the organization in support of ever-changing technological advances in the Gaming industry and the Tribe’s business enterprises. The ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is key to the success of the IT staff in meeting the demands of this technically proficient and high demand department.The Software Engineer II’s role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The Software Engineer II will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Codes, installs, tests, debugs, diagnoses, troubleshoots, and documents software applications using appropriate editors, and according to specifications.
2. Assists junior engineers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
3. Participates in Agile functions including Daily Scrums, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective.
4. Administers critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
5. Liaises with network administrators, Database Administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems. Provides guidance to junior software developers and research assistants.
6. Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with existing software and web applications and sites.
7. Reviews and recommends improvements for monitoring software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging to the Senior Software Engineer.
8. Generates statistics and prepares and writes reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
9. Assists in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
10. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
The San Manuel Band of Mission Indians is a federally-recognized Indian tribe located on the San Manuel Indian Reservation near Highland, California. San Manuel exercises its inherent sovereign right of self-governance and provides essential services for its citizens by building infrastructure, maintaining civil services, and promoting social, economic, and cultural development.
The Serrano people of San Manuel have called this area home since time immemorial and are committed to remaining a productive partner in the San Bernardino region. The Reservation, once only 640 acres, is now over 1,100 acres in size.
The call of Yawa’ – to act upon one’s beliefs – inspires the Tribe to give back to the areas they call home and support organizations working to create a better tomorrow in the Inland Empire and Indian Country.
Our support is directed to organizations providing services in San Bernardino and Riverside counties, including:
The Tribe also operates Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel (formerly known as San Manuel Casino®), the Palms Casino Resort, as well as other enterprises.
Our team members enjoy a competitive base salary, an annual discretionary performance bonus, and an annual merit increase as part of our total rewards package. Additionally, San Manuel supports team members' financial health through 401(k) retirement savings plans that offer a 2% core discretionary contribution and matching, and a host of other services - from discounts to tuition assistance.