Under the direction of Transportation Management, the Traffic Control Specialist is responsible for directing vehicle and pedestrian traffic and transporting passengers via non-commercial vehicles. The Traffic Control Specialist is also responsible for assisting leadership with the day-to-day shift operations of the Transportation department to ensure seamless best in class service.
1. Monitors and directs all vehicle movement to minimize congestion to ensure successful traffic flow operations in parking structures and roadways. Efficiently directs, regulates, and prioritizes traffic movement to minimize delays while warning of hazards, using signs, flags, and hand signals. Monitors traffic flow and identifies bottlenecks to mitigate vehicle obstructions while locating safe intervals through which vehicles and pedestrians can safely drive/cross roadways.
2. Communicates traffic and parking rules and other information to guests and pedestrians. Communicates occupancy and congestion information to leadership. Reports unsafe behavior of drivers to leadership and/or appropriate authorities. Distributes traffic control signs and markers at designated points, as directed.
3. Performs basic roadside assistance, maintenance tasks, reports safety hazards and traffic problems. Follows safety rules and regulations, including placing signs, barricades, traffic cones and other warning devices; duties may vary according to job assignment.
4. Operates non-commercial vehicles for personnel transportation.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficient operation of department.
High School diploma or GED is required.
Minimum of two (2) years driving experience is required.
Previous customer service experience is preferred.
Ability to operate vehicles with both manual and automatic transmissions is preferred
Basic vehicle maintenance experience is preferred.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprise’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel is located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA. It is one of the largest casinos on the West Coast, with 7,000 slot machines, 150 table games, and five high-limit rooms. We are one of the top 10 largest casino resorts in the US.
Guests enjoy sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains, live entertainment, and a full array of dining options, which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, Hong Bao Kitchen, Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, Chingon Kitchen, Big Mo’ Cafe, and 11 bars and lounges.
The Serrano Spa earned a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star award, and The Pines Modern Steakhouse and Yaamava’ Resorteach earned a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star award, with all three being the first in the Inland Empire to receive such designation. Yaamava' Resort and Casino at San Manuel also received two 2023 AAA Four Diamonds ratings for the new hotel and The Pines Modern Steakhouse.
The hotel is a 17-story tower with 432 guest rooms. Guests relax in an elevated pool with a bar and private cabanas, the lavish full-service Serrano spa and salon, a health and fitness center, a full array of dining options, multiple bars and lounges, and luxe retail shops.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry.
At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
Our benefits focus on five key areas of wellness - financial, emotional, physical, social, and occupational - because we know it takes more than a salary to thrive. The benefits under each category include everything from retirement, insurance and dental benefits to emotional wellness programs, home repair services, and much more.