Reporting to the Pool Service Supervisor, the Pool Lifeguard is an outgoing, motivated individual capable of adapting to change in a fast past pool and hospitality environment. A successful candidate will demonstrate passion for people, encouraging and inspiring guests to elevate their wellness and aquatic experience, while creating a safe, fun and enjoyable best in class atmosphere. The individual selected for this role will contribute to the pool facilities, while preventing and responding to aquatic emergencies. Additional responsibilities of the role include operational excellence while providing a clean and safe environment for all patrons, team members and vendors, while safeguarding enterprise assets and guaranteeing departmental integrity. The Pool Lifeguard also collaborates, initiates, and supports opportunities with other functions by championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that faithfully reflects and upholds the Tribes vision, mission and values.
1. Responsible for modeling, welcoming the guests, making them comfortable, and providing them with best in class guest service, including but not limited to; providing our guest with safety communication, and anticipating their service needs while keeping safety at the utmost attention.
2. Responsible for the safety of hotel guests at the pool deck and all aquatic activities, providing safe supervision of guests while enforcing pool rules and regulations.
3. Prevents and responds to aquatic emergencies and is capable of recognizing emergencies, respond quickly and effectively to emergencies and prevent drowning and other incidents.
4. Delivers and executes best in class safety, sanitation and cleanliness procedures pertaining to pool facilities.
5. Assists facilities team in setting up and tearing down chairs and pool furniture for day-to-day operations and during extreme weather conditions.
6. Models enterprise and department policies and procedures as well as Standard Operating Guidelines.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel is located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA. It is one of the largest casinos on the West Coast, with 7,000 slot machines, 150 table games, and five high-limit rooms. We are one of the top 10 largest casino resorts in the US.
Guests enjoy sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains, live entertainment, and a full array of dining options, which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, Hong Bao Kitchen, Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, Chingon Kitchen, Big Mo’ Cafe, and 11 bars and lounges.
The Serrano Spa earned a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star award, and The Pines Modern Steakhouse and Yaamava’ Resorteach earned a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star award, with all three being the first in the Inland Empire to receive such designation. Yaamava' Resort and Casino at San Manuel also received two 2023 AAA Four Diamonds ratings for the new hotel and The Pines Modern Steakhouse.
The hotel is a 17-story tower with 432 guest rooms. Guests relax in an elevated pool with a bar and private cabanas, the lavish full-service Serrano spa and salon, a health and fitness center, a full array of dining options, multiple bars and lounges, and luxe retail shops.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry.
At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
Our benefits focus on five key areas of wellness - financial, emotional, physical, social, and occupational - because we know it takes more than a salary to thrive. The benefits under each category include everything from retirement, insurance and dental benefits to emotional wellness programs, home repair services, and much more.