Provides friendly and responsive front desk service to guests, while also ensuring that guest payments are collected and processed in a reliable and timely manner.
Greets guests, assists them with check-ins and check-outs, registers and assigns rooms, issues room keys/cards, transmits and receives messages, keeps records of occupied rooms and guest accounts, makes and confirms reservations, presents statement to and collects payments from departing guests.
Ensures that all service provided is consistently prompt and courteous and designed to meet high standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
Cleans the lobby and public restroom; washes and folds laundry; and assists other staff in preparing check outs to be guest ready.
Responds to any/all emergency situations (police, fire, emergency responder, weather, building – electrical outage, water line breaks, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Organizes, confirms, processes, and conducts all guest check-ins/check-outs, room reservations, requests, changes, and cancellations; greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
- Secures payment; verifies and adjusts billing. Verifies customers' credit, and establishes how the customer will pay for the accommodation. Computes bills, collects payments, and makes change for guests.
- Keeps abreast of hotel policies concerning room/sign rates, group and other discounts, and special offerings.
- Issues room keys, identifies and explains room features to guests. Supplies guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, hours of operation and local areas of interest.
- Keeps records of room availability/inventory management, and guests' accounts.
- Performs bookkeeping activities, such as running reports and posting payments to guest folios.
- Records guest comments or complaints, referring customers to General Manager as necessary.
- Contacts head room attendant or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Cleans and maintains common areas within the hotel: hallways, lobbies, restrooms, corridors, elevators, and stairways to WoodSpring standards.
- Assist guests checking in or out as directed by the General Manager.
- Keeps store rooms in clean, safe, and organized condition at all times.
- Assists other employees in completing their respective duties to achieve guest ready rooms, public areas, and outstanding customer service.
- Cleans and maintains lobby, entrance doors including snow removal from entrances, sidewalks, and emergency exits.
- Completes night audit entry.
- Works in laundry room area loading and unloading washers and dryers and folding items.
- Notifies General Manager or Maintenance Technician of any major repairs.
- Provides inventory management to ensure property is equipped with necessary parts and supplies.
- Serves as Manager-on-Duty in General Manager and/or Lead GSR absence.
- Inspects/stocks housekeeping carts for service preparedness.
- Inspects rooms for guest readiness.
- Consists of a combination of regular desk scheduled hours and on-call hours. Covers on call duties during closed desk hours and responds to guest emergencies, check ins or other service requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions are not all inclusive; other duties may be assigned.
Adaptability and flexibility – Displays the capability to adapt to new, different, and changing requirements.
Communication – Convey information clearly, correctly, and succinctly.
Dependability and reliability– Displays responsible behaviors at work: attendance and punctuality, attention to details, following directions, and fulfilling obligations.
Integrity – Displays strong moral principles and work ethic. Behaving ethically, acting fairly, and taking responsibility.
Interpersonal Skills – Displays the skills to work effectively with others.
Professionalism – Maintaining a professional presence. Demonstrating self-control, maintaining a professional demeanor and a positive attitude.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior guest service experience in a hotel is preferred.
- Must have computer skills; the ability to access and accurately input information into a computer system.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Friendly, cooperative manner and patience in dealing with unreasonable requests or rude customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently bends, kneels, crouches.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, wiping, pushing, lifting.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.