Who We Are
Founded in 1923 as a cartoon studio, The Walt Disney Company has grown to become a diversified, international family entertainment and media company.
The mission of The Walt Disney Company is to be one of the world's leading producers and providers of entertainment and information. Using our portfolio of brands to differentiate our content, services and consumer products, we seek to develop the most creative, innovative and profitable entertainment experiences and related products in the world.
Why People Like to Work for Us
Welcome to The Walt Disney Company!
Yes, there really are dream jobs.
Here, the bottom line is imagination, our culture is magic and wonder, and required previous work experience: childhood dreams.
Think of all the laughter, astonishment, joy and thrills that have come from this one place. Movies, Animation, News and Sports, Music, Television, Books, Theme Parks and Resorts.
After all, a company built on imagination and wonder means the work will be interesting. And always will be. There's room for talented people. It's a dream job.
'Fortune' Names Disney the World's Most Admired Entertainment Company!
Fortune magazine annually surveys more than 15,000 top executives, directors and members of the financial community to generate its Most Admired Companies list. This year, for the first time, Fortune combined the America's Most Admired Companies and World's Most Admired Companies survey results into one.
After taking the top spot in all nine industry categories, ranging from people management, use of corporate assets and management quality to innovation, Disney was named No. 1 Most Admired Entertainment Company in the world! In addition, Disney ranked No. 13 on Fortune's overall list of the World's Most Admired Companies."The Walt Disney Company is a great place to work because the Company is filled with people who enjoy creating great entertainment."
Co-Chairman, Disney Media Networks
President, ESPN, Inc. and ABC Sports
The Walt Disney Company has come a long way from the days of Steamboat Willie in 1928. But it is still true to its core mission of providing quality entertainment for people around the world. This is what we do. And we continue to do it better than anyone else does. So what does it mean to be part of the Disney team?"From the beginning, starting with Walt Disney, we have had five things that make me proud to be part of this Company: high-quality products, optimism for the future, great storytelling, an emphasis on family entertainment and great talent, passion and dedication from our Cast Members."
Vice Chairman and Principal Creative Executive
Walt Disney Imagineering
Values Make Our Brands Stand OutInnovation
- We follow a strong tradition of innovation.
- We strive to follow a high standard of excellence.
- We maintain high-quality standards across all product categories.
- We create positive and inclusive ideas about families.
- We provide entertainment experiences for all generations to share.
- Every product tells a story.
- Timeless and engaging stories delight and inspire.
- At The Walt Disney Company, entertainment is about hope, aspiration and positive resolutions.
- We honor and respect the trust people place in us.
Our fun is about laughing at our experiences and ourselves.
The Walt Disney Company designs our unique programs and services to add a little magic to the lives of our employees and Cast Members. We design our wide variety of programs and services to assist professionally, as well as personally. Here is just a sample of our work and life "extras":
"This organization is a wellspring of creativity both in terms of our employees and those associated with the organization - in Disney Consumer Products' case, our licensing network."
- A Wide Range of Benefits, including Health, Dental, Life Insurance and more
- Complimentary Theme Park Passports
- Educational Reimbursement
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- The Walt Disney Company Foundation Scholarship Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Disney TEAM Discounts, including Disney products and merchandise
- Credit Unions
- Educational Matching Gifts Program
- Disney VoluntEARS
- Service Awards
- Personal Assistant Network
- Employee & Cast Member Contests
- Childcare Centers in Burbank and Orlando
- Employee Stores in Several Locations
President, Disney Consumer Products
- Year founded