216 room hotel profile
Luxury Golf & Spa Resort in Bedford Springs, PA
After an unprecedented $120 million renewal and expansion, guests now enjoy a new Omni Bedford Springs Resort. The legend began over 200 years ago at Bedford Springs, where eight mineral springs became famed as a mecca of rejuvenation. Today, the legacy continues at the world-class Springs Eternal Spa incorporating treatments with mineral waters, and a magnificently restored golf course. From our luxurious guest room accommodations and historic dining venues, to cutting edge conference rooms—we have preserved all of the original historic charm with the addition of modern creature comforts.
So easy to get to... so hard to leave! Located in South Central Pennsylvania’s scenic Cumberland Valley just 90 minutes from Pittsburgh, two hours from Washington, DC and three hours from Philadelphia, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort is three miles off the Pennsylvania Turnpike at Exit 146. Experience the unrivaled luxury and service of the Four-Diamond Omni Bedford Springs Resort, a National Historic Landmark. Get more details inside our online brochure.
- 216 guest rooms and suites
- 2,200-acre, four-season resort
- 20,000 square foot State-of-the-Art Conference Center
- 30,000 square foot Springs Eternal Spa – Mineral Springs Treatments
- Donald Ross/A.W. Tillinghaust designed 18-Hole Golf Course
- Elegant Aquatic Center featuring Outdoor Pool & Heated Mineral Springs-Fed Indoor Pool
- On-Property Trout Fishing
- Chose from various levels of hiking trails from beginners to experienced
- Five restaurants serving innovative regional cuisine
- Check-in: 3:00 p.m. Check-out: 11 a.m.
- All guestrooms, including balconies and all indoor public spaces are non-smoking
Awards and Accolades
- The Omni Bedford Springs Resort was named Golfweek's Best Course in Pennsylvania
- The Omni Bedford Springs Resort was named one of Travel + Leisure’sTop 500 Resorts for 2011 and 2012.
- The Omni Bedford Springs Resort made Travel+Leisure’s 2012 World's Best Values list, #7 for Top 10 Hotels for Value Overall and #1 in US and Canada.
- Winner of the 2011 SpaFinder Reader's Choice Award for the Best Mineral or Thermal Springs.
- The Omni Bedford Springs Resort madeTravel+Leisure’s World’s Best list ranking #62 for Top 100 Overall Hotels, #8 for Top US/Canada Resorts, #5 for Top Overall Hotel Spas in the World and #2 for Top US Hotel Spas.
- The Omni Bedford Springs Resort was named to TripAdvisor’s Top 10 Relaxation/Spa Hotels in the United States in its 2010 Travelers’ Choice awards.
- The Bedford Springs Old Course was named to Golfweek’s Best Resort Courses list for 2010.
- “One of the Top 10 Spa’s in the World to have gone Local” Sherman Travel Magazine, Fall 2009
- “2009 National Preservation Honor Award” from the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
- The Omni Bedford Springs Resort is a four-diamond resort.
- Zagat named the Old Course at Bedford Springs “One of the best golf courses in America for 2009/2010.”
- Top 10 Relaxation Spa Hotels in the United States by Trip Advisor's Traveler's Choice 2010
- Celebrated Living named the Bedford Springs Old Course one of the top US Golf Courses for 2009.
- Member, Historic Hotels of America
- National Historic Landmark
About the Bedford Springs Resort
Over 200 years ago the mineral springs of Bedford Springs, PA became known as a source of rejuvenation. Today the Omni Bedford Springs Resort’s updated facilities and luxurious guest rooms, world-class spa and superbly restored golf course provide all the charm you expect in a historic Pennsylvania retreat with the modern conveniences you look forward to from an Omni Hotel.
- 2,200-acre, four season resort
- National Historic Landmark
- 216 guest rooms and suites
- State-of-the-art conference center
- 30,000 square-foot Springs Eternal Spa - mineral springs treatments
- Restored 18-hole golf course
- A.W. Tillinghast and Donald Ross design
- Elegant aquatic center featuring outdoor pool and heated mineral springs-fed indoor pool
- On-property trout fishing
- Choose from various levels of hiking trails from beginners to experienced
- Bicycle rentals
- Innovative regional cuisine
Luxury Bedford Springs Resort Accommodations
The Omni Bedford Springs Resort presents 216 beautifully appointed guest rooms and four luxury suites which embrace the richness of the resort’s past. The décor includes authentic patterns and textures and incredible balconies with rocking chairs where you can enjoy the lush natural views.
Whether you choose our luxurious accommodations in the historic building, or the exquisite all-new spa wing, breathtaking vistas, exquisite furnishings and a host of exclusive amenities await you at our world-class resort.
Whether you prefer to stay in the renovated, original building, or in our newer spa wing, you will enjoy the finest amenities.
These restored rooms feature 9-foot ceilings and garden views. Guests in our garden-facing rooms can enjoy relaxing, peaceful views complemented by the sounds of a babbling creek, from spacious porches which feature two rocking chairs.
Stay just steps from the Springs Eternal Spa in our new Spa Wing. Each guest room offers either garden or outdoor pool views; many of these rooms include a Juliet balcony or porch as well.
Located within the resort's spa wing moments from Springs Eternal Spa, our four luxuriously appointed suites provide everything you need for work or relaxation. Our suites are ideal for entertaining VIP clients in style.
The James K. Polk suite presents the ultimate surroundings, featuring sweeping vistas of the golf course and the Cumberland Valley. The Donald Ross suite provides a grand terrace for 75 and perfect sunset views; this is a setting your friends and clients will be sure to remember.
Rooms and Suites
- Deluxe Rooms: Located throughout the resort, deluxe rooms feature a king, queen or two double beds and range from 325-400 square feet.
- Resort View Rooms: All resort view rooms in the historic wing have porches with rocking chairs and face the front of the resort. The Spa Wing has both resort view rooms with porches and resort view rooms without porches. These rooms range from 325-400 square feet.
- Luxury Spa Rooms: Located on the first floor of the new Spa Wing and offer 1 king bed and spa tubs. Some rooms feature a spacious porch. These rooms range from 325-400 square feet.
- Clay & Calhoun Suite: Two connecting suites overlooking the golf course. The Clay suite offers a king bed and the Calhoun offers 2 double beds. Both feature deep soaking pedestal tubs, walk-in rain down showers and microwave. The Clay suite is 1500 square feet and the Calhoun suite is 1380 square feet.
- James K. Polk Suite: Located on the top floor, the suite features sweeping views of the golf course and the Cumberland Valley. Offers a king master bedroom with a large pedestal tub and a second bedroom with two double beds. Suite includes full pantry with microwave and half fridge and a half bath in the living room. Total square footage is 2,385 square feet including the balcony.
- Donald Ross Suite: Situated on the first floor in the spa wing the suite offers a king master bedroom with a large bathroom, a second bedroom with two queen beds and private porch. Also includes a half bath in the living room, large pantry with microwave and half fridge, heated towel racks, and pedestal tubs. The porch is ideal for entertaining up to 75 guests. This spacious suite totals 4,279 square feet of which 2,263 are made up by the porch.
- ADA Accessible Rooms: Accessible rooms are provided for our guests who require ADA features. Our rooms feature enlarged door openings. There is the option of a room with a roll-in shower or a room with a standard shower and tub. Both rooms have a hand-held shower head and grab bars. The standard toilet with the roll-in shower has grab bars and the sink is no higher than 29 inches from the floor. The shower and tub have a standard height sink and toilet, with grab bars. Also offered is visual notification for the hotel alarm system, door, and phone.
- Luxurious down comforters and triple sheeting
- Balconies with rocking chairs (some rooms)
- Marble Floors and Vanities & Waterworks Fixtures in Bathrooms
- Work desk
- In-room safe
- Pet Policy available - please call for details and deposit information
- All guestrooms including balconies and all indoor public spaces are non-smoking
- 32” Flat Screen, High Definition Televisions
- iPod Entertainment Docking Stations
- High-speed wireless Internet access throughout the resort
Bedford Dining Experience
The Omni Bedford Springs Resort has become known for its premier food and wine experience, guaranteed to please the most discriminating palate.
Enjoy an array of dining choices, including the 1796 Steak and Chop House, mouthwatering entrées in the historic Frontier Tavern, the elegant Crystal Room, light snacks at Che Sara Sara or poolside refreshments at Turtle Shell. Outlet hours are subject to seasonal changes.
For the Love of Food - May 25, 2012
1796 Room, a signature steak and chophouse, serves steaks, chops, fish and fowl of the highest quality. Creating a relaxed yet upscale atmosphere of warm sophistication, the new 1796 Room is a dining experience not to be missed. 1796 Room Details >
This casual lunch spot hosts a lively bar scene in the evenings where guests can unwind and enjoy spirited conversation over Pennsylvania’s local artisanal brews. Frontier Tavern Details >
The Crystal Room
One of the oldest restaurants in America and the resort’s main dining room for years, the re-envisioned restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, brunch and dinner, all wrapped in a sophisticate, upscale and traditional ambiance. Crystal Room Details >
Che Sara Sara
This famous motto (“What will be will be”) of the Duke of Bedford is a fitting inspiration for our casual coffee and tea bar. Che Sara Sara brews up fun fare, ranging from ice cream and confections, to smoothies, salads and sandwiches. Linger over a favorite coffee, tea, beer or wine. Enjoy the convenience of our grab and go selections on the way to your next resort activity.
Seven Days a Week
6:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
The Turtle Shell is located at our expansive outdoor aquatic complex. Guests can enjoy their favorite libations while relaxing poolside. Hamburgers and hot dogs are served right off the grill. Sandwiches and salads are available as well along with ice cream treats. View Menu
Sunday - Thursday
11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday & Saturday
11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
In-room dining is available:
Monday - Sunday: 6:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
All Day Dinning
Monday - Sunday: 11:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Monday - Sunday: 5:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Spa Dining Menu
Monday - Sunday: 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Monday - Sunday: 11:00 p.m. - 6:30 a.m.
- Wine Tastings
- Wine Dinners
- Cooking with Chef
The Omni Bedford Springs Resort preserves the charm and legacy of Pennsylvania's luxury resort destination providing first class services and amenities including Springs Eternal Spa, incorporating treatments with mineral waters; and our legendary 18 hole golf course. Other resort staples include our swimming pools and fitness center as well as outstanding diningoptions, meeting and conference rooms and wedding locations.
Fitness and Leisure
- 30,000 square foot Springs Eternal Spa
- Full service health club open 24 hours a day
- Heated indoor spring-fed pool (open year round)
- Outdoor pool and whirl pool overlooking Cumberland Valley (seasonal)
- Private cabanas
- 18 hole Golf Course
- On-site Retail
Indoor Resort Activities
- Scavenger Hunts*
- Historic Tours*
- Anderson Explorers Kids' Day Camp*
- Cooking Classes/Demos ($30 for cooking with the chef)
- Sunrise Yoga Classes (Thu-Sun)*
- Private Pilates Instructions
- Private Yoga Instructions
Outdoor Resort Activities
- Hiking Trails
- Guided Hiking*
- Seven Springs Stretch Guided Hike (Thu-Sun)*
- Stock Fishing at Red Oak Lake
- Shober's Run Fly Fishing
- Fly Fishing Classes*
- Biking Trails
- Lawn Games (Horse Shoes,Bocce Ball, Badminton,Volleyball)
- S'mores at the Fire Pit
- Nature Hikes/Bird Watching
- Paintball (off-site)*
* Additional fees will apply. Please contact our Concierge Staff for all details, (814) 624-5642.
- The Power of One ® - Excellence in Service
- 24 hour business center
- Concierge services
- Full service restaurant
- High-speed wireless Internet access throughout resort
- Kids Program coordinated by Adventures in the Alleghenies
- Pet Policy available - please call reservations for details and deposit information
NOTE: A $25.00 per-room, per-day resort fee will be added to the daily room rate. This resort fee allows guests to enjoy many resort services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges.
Transportation and Parking
- Valet parking included in resort fee
Pools and Fitness
In 1905, Bedford Springs Resort made debut of one of the first indoor pools in the United States. Now you can experience this sparkling gem, fully restored to its lavish beauty. Once upon a time, musicians would serenade the swimmers from an elevated opera box, and legend has it that daring sons of visiting dignitaries would plunge into the two-story pool from its upper level. Today, you can simply dip into the peaceful waters and relax.
Heated Spring-Fed Indoor Pool
The heated spring-fed pool is open for swimming year-round.
During warmer months, unwind in our alluring outdoor pool and whirlpool overlooking the lush Cumberland Valley. Lined with private, tented cabanas, the outdoor pool is a refreshing escape for visitors of all ages. Also offering The Turtle Shell, a poolside snack bar for your enjoyment.
Get energized with a visit to our state-of-the-art fitness facility. Reach your target heart rate with our cardio machines, or clear your mind with a yoga class in our movement studio. Featuring the latest Cybex equipment and professional staff, the fitness center will rejuvenate you in a matter of minutes.
- Cybex cardiovascular equipment
- Cybex weight training equipment
- Movement studio
Be Pampered at Springs Eternal Spa - Bedford Springs, PA
Springs Eternal Spa, a 30,000-square-foot destination spa, is one of the few spas in the country utilizing natural spring water in all of its treatments. The spa's treatments are inspired by the resort's eight mineral springs, first used by the local Native Americans for their healing properties. Sample the historic "Bedford Baths" using our signature indigenous product line inspired by local herbs and botanicals. Unwind with a soothing massage, beauty treatment; or simply spend a few moments in the serene spa garden. Step inside our resort spa getaway for a classic American spa experience and check our special offers page for great resort spa packages.
View our spa brochure and price list. We advise you to make reservations 6-8 weeks in advance, prior to visit. Bedford Bath Ritual is limited to guests with spa appointments only and minimum age requirement is 18 years old.
- Featuring Natural Mineral Springs
- Massage Services
- Body Treatments
- Facial Services
- Manicure & Pedicures
- Famed "Bedford Cure" & Bedford Baths
- Local Herbs, Minerals & Waters
- Large Whirlpool Areas
- Shower & Steam Room
- Couples' Treatments
- Private Spa Garden
- Men's & Ladies' Locker Facilities
- Boutique Shops featuring unique and carefully selected products
- Private Yoga Instructions
- Private Pilates Instructions
- Private Hikes
- Guided Stretch and Hike
Golf at Bedford Springs Old Course
The Omni Bedford Springs Resort in Pennsylvania, is proud to be home of one of the country’s first golf courses. The restored, historic course offers an experience of the highest caliber to rival the most private of clubs. Overlooking breathtaking views of the Allegheny Mountains and Cumberland Valley, this remarkable course spans the work of three golf architectural masters—Spencer Oldham, A.W. Tillinghast, and Donald Ross. Bedford Springs Old Course has undergone a total renovation overseen by noted classic golf course restoration architect Ron Forse, restoring it to its original course layout. A round of golf on these historically significant tees is a must-play for golf enthusiasts of all levels.
Check out our Unlimited Golf package.
Contact Head Golf Professional, Ron Leporati, at firstname.lastname@example.org additional information.
- Completely Restored, Historic Bedford Springs Old Course
- Bentgrass Tees, Plush Greens & Well-Manicured Fairways
- Dual-Ended Practice Facility
Bedford Springs Golf Instruction
Improve your golf game at the Bedford Spring Golf Instruction. Individual and group clinics are available.
The Pro Shop offers a complete line of men's and women's golf attire as well as all the equipment you need. We offer Taylor Made Golf Clubs in men's right hand; Titleist & King Cobra Golf Clubs in men's right & left hand; King Cobra Golf Clubs in ladies right and left hand.
Resort Golf Attire
We ask that all our players adhere to our golf attire guidelines. Gentlemen must wear long slacks or knee length shorts and a collared or mock neck golf shirt. Ladies may wear slacks, skirts, skorts or shorts. Please no shorter than just above the knee. Ladies shirts must have a collar or sleeves but may not lack both. Please, no tee shirts, tank tops, denim, bathing suits or tube tops permitted. We appreciate your cooperation.
Golf Club Rentals
- From $65 for 18 holes, includes one sleeve of golf balls
- From $45 for 9 holes, includes one sleeve of golf balls
Golf Awards and Accolades
- Golfweek magazine names the Old Course the #1 Resort Golf Course in Pennsylvania (2010, 2011 & 2012) and #61 in the United States.
- Golfweek magazine names the Old Course the #1 Public Golf Course in Pennsylvania (2010, 2011 & 2012).
- Zagat, the world's leading provider of consumer survey-based information, named Bedford Springs' Old Course "one of the best golf courses in America".
- Golf.com names the Old Course the #1 Public Golf Course in Pennsylvania (2010, 2011 & 2012).
- The Bedford Springs Old Course was named Golf Inc.’s Renovation of the Year Golf Course.
- Golf Course Industry magazine has just awarded the Bedford Springs Old Course its annual Affinity Award for best Environmental Project, having earned the award for the comprehensive refurbishment of the course, as well as the restoration of Shober's Run, a stream running along side of the golf course
Enchanting Destination Weddings in Pennsylvania
The Omni Bedford Springs Resort is a destination wedding site like no other, featuring opulent choices for the discerning bride and groom. Take your vows in the sun-dappled outdoor wedding gazebo or walk down an aisle of rose petals strewn on the Grand Lawn.
Whether you prefer to celebrate within the grandeur of the Colonnade Ballroom or in the great outdoors, our wedding coordinators will see to it that your special day is truly magnificent. The bride-to-be will enjoy personalized planning services. Every detail ensures a flawless day, from the enticing cuisine down to freshly steamed table linens made perfect just before guests arrive. We offer every ingredient for the wedding of your dreams.
Book your wedding at Omni Hotels and receive a complimentary honeymoon stay at the Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas , Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort , Omni Bedford Springs Resort , Omni Mount Washington Resort , Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate or at the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort. Contact your wedding planner for details.
Hosting Exceptional Pennsylvania Meetings
for Over 200 Years
The Omni Bedford Springs Resort has been an important meeting place for nearly 200 years. Today our magnificently renovated resort continues this heritage as a unique historic venue boasting over 20,000 square feet of the most up to date meeting facilities. All of the conference facilities and suites were named after distinguished guests who had previously visited the resort.
The Omni Bedford Springs Resort is ideal for sophisticated, small and mid-size events requiring a distraction-free environment. Whether you are planning a high-level conference or corporate reception, our highly personalized service promises a successful event.
Strategically located just 90 minutes from Pittsburgh and Harrisburg, PA, two hours from Washington, DC and Baltimore, and only three hours from Philadelphia (just three miles off of the Pennsylvania Turnpike at Exit 146), the resort is easily accessible for all attendees.
- Guest Rooms: 216
- Closest Airport: Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT)
- Distance From Airport: 90 minutes
- More Resort Details
Meeting Room Summary
- Meeting Rooms: 13
- Square Footage: 20,000
- Largest Meeting Room: 4,802
- High Speed Internet Access (wireless and T1 lines)
- State-of-the-art audio/visual services
- Conference Concierge
- Convenient office space for meeting planners
- Ergonomic Chairs, Projection Screens Built into the Ceiling, Telephones & Climate Controls
- Spectacular outdoor venues
- More Meeting Room Details