Compensation: $80,715 to $98,652 per year,
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal and Transportation Benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
The purpose of the F&B Multi-Unit Manager I role is to act as an intermediary position for the location’s Senior/Director of Operations within a geographically recognized section or subsection of a branch or zone. The F&B Multi Unit Manager I ensures that all of the restaurants within the assigned Terminal/Concourse/zone are clean, staffed, open for business, and operating to high operational and financial standards by holding assigned General Manager(s) accountable. The F&B Multi Unit Manager I uses broad discretion and judgement to make great leadership decisions.
Open and Close
- Ensures all GMs and staff recognize the importance of preparing each of the zone’s restaurants for next-day opening, holding GMs accountable for executing all closing and opening checklist/requirements
- Responsible for scheduling managers to ensure the zone has a leader-decision maker on site within the zone during all hours of operations, and that all restaurants have a person-in-charge on site during all operating hours.
- Understands, adopts, and consistently demonstrates defined manager behaviors designed to create an environment where employee engagement thrives
- Provides restaurant staff with consistent support, coaching and encouragement necessary to achieve business goals
- Ensures company and branch diversity and inclusion philosophy is understood and actively executed within the restaurants in the zone
- Interviews candidates for key jobs, makes hiring, termination, advancement, promotion or any other status change decisions for associates within the zone. Promotes HMSHost as an employer of choice within the local community
- Holds GMs accountable for on-boarding and off-boarding of all restaurant associates, to include all activities related to compliance with proper badging requirements, orientation, OJT, and other company training/processes. Ultimate accountability for ensuring the collection of terminated employee badges, communicating terminations to HR
- Reads and understands financial and operational data and reports to monitor progress towards zone goals and assigns associates to meet those objectives
- Regularly meets and collaborates with the DO/SrDO about issues, decisions, people, and strategy, Communicates leadership’s vision and goals to zone leadership.
- Supports company recognition initiatives and develops and implements plans that will motivate and recognize restaurant staff for their contributions and performance, including using Shout-Out tools and materials.
- Accepts, understands, adopts, trains and champions all Employee Engagement behaviors
- Engages with Ops Controller and DO/SDO on financial decisions and enacting needed controls. Makes purchasing decisions for repairs, maintenance and supplies in coordination with branch leadership. Is aware of Loss prevention concerns and escalates those concerns to LP personnel.
Product Availability/Working Equipment
- Ensures daily orders are prepared and units are stocked with appropriate levels of product and teaches associates these order procedures
- Ensures restaurants receive goods, process invoices, contact vendors for supply chain issues/product availability.
- Ensures GMs and staff are proficient in company used tools like MIV, Crunch Time, Kronos and other programs as utilized by the company.
- Monitor/maintain restaurant equipment, schedule routine service or repairs as needed.
- Champions minimization of waste, records as needed and participates in food donation program.
- Assesses skill levels of restaurant associates and conducts and coordinates on-the-job and other training/education activities as necessary
- Embraces technology and inspires employees to understand and adopt new technologies implemented by the company
- Maintains a working knowledge of all applicable brand standards, CBAs, Landlord lease agreements, and all procedures and protocols to maximize brand/landlord/labor relations, and teaches associates these standards
- Develops and implements creative strategies to increase revenue
- Manages the day-to-day activities of associates within a zone – which is a defined individual or group of restaurants or points-of-sale
- Uses judgment and discretion to resolve customer and associate questions and problems and determines when to refer more complex issues to senior level leaders
- Recognizes, understands, and utilizes subordinate leaders’ strengths and provides ongoing feedback that reflects on progress against individual development goals and business goals
- Ensures planned maintenance is conducted and addresses all maintenance and repair items as needed
- Implements marketing programs as directed by OSC or brand initiatives, complies with promotional activity, drives revenue and interacts with support teams for AB programming, sales matrix, Coke programming or other as directed.
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of all federal, state, and local sanitary, safety, and health standards, and all procedures and protocols to comply with the law
- Holds GMs accountable for ensuring all safety standards are understood and met
- Trains new managers and associates in wellness check protocols and adheres to new COVID 19 requirements.
- Understands and performs all Health and Safety activities as specified in the Manager’s Guide to Associate Health and Safety
Important information, reporting relationship, and similar roles
- The F&B Multi Unit Manager I position as described falls under the Fair Labor Standards act as an Exempt position, under both the Administrative Exemption and the Executive Exemption tests.
- The position typically reports to the Sr/Director of Operations within the assigned location.
- The F&B Multi Unit Manager I position is expected to work a varied and rotating schedule to be on site at various operating days and hours each week; some opening shifts, during some busy dayparts, and during some closing shifts to monitor GM and restaurant associates’ work activities during these different days and times.
- The F&B Multi-Unit Manager I position is the first position in a series of multi-unit, multi-brand leadership positions of increasing scope and complexity.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Each F&B Multi Unit Manager I must have documented and demonstrated experience managing the types of restaurants (QSR, Casual Dine, Full Service, similar complexity, Union and Non-Union, etc) within the zone to which the role is assigned, to include overall responsibility for success and failure of those restaurants for multiple annual cycles for each type. Generally speaking, concurrent multi-unit, multi-concept management experience for a minimum of 3 years with underlying overall restaurant experience of 8-10 years is necessary to be successful in a small zone, and a minimum of 5 years with underlying overall restaurant experience of 8-10 years is necessary to be successful in a large zone.
- Graduation from a Food Service Management or Culinary program may substitute for a portion of the time based experience requirement for each of these roles
- Demonstrates team management, delegation and issue resolution skills and the ability to manage multiple and concurrent priorities
- Demonstrates knowledge of HMSHost policies and product, service, quality, equipment and operations standards, or able to demonstrate this knowledge within a reasonable time from hire or promotion
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, understand menus and brand standards as well as converse comfortably with individuals
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
Posted November 17, 2023