Under the direction of the Senior Hotel Operations Manager, the Hotel Front Desk Manager is responsible for directing and administering Front Desk operations in the Hotel's continuing effort to deliver Best in Class guest service and financial profitability through the managing of all daily Front Desk operations. The Hotel Front Desk Manager is responsible for upholding the highest of guest service standards, and consistently delivering results that contribute to the overall success of the Hotel. Responsibilities include consistently improving business revenues, improving business effectiveness and efficiencies, and improving the value of the Hotel’s products and services to its guests and clients. The Hotel Front Desk Manager takes on the leadership responsibility of guiding and mentoring Front Desk team members, and assisting with escalated Department and guest concerns. Areas of focus for the Hotel Front Desk Manager include Productivity, Customer and Client Relations, Professionalism, Revenue Management, Financial Management, People Management, Leadership, Quality Management, Communication, and Safety and Security.
1. Manages all Front Desk Department operations to include, but not limited to, guest service and registration (check-in/check-out), room inventory and availability, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting. Enforces Front Desk cash handling, check cashing and credit policies as applicable. Monitors and assesses service and satisfaction trends, evaluates and addresses issues and makes improvements accordingly. Ensures compliance with property standards, including all health and safety regulations, policies and procedures.
2. Reviews daily department work and activity reports generated by Night Audit. Completes and/or assists in the completion of audit procedures, as needed. Oversees inventory of Front Desk products.
3. Recruits, interviews and trains team members. Monitors and develops team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and rewards. Schedules Front Desk team members.
4. Develops, implements and enforces policies and procedures. Creates meeting agendas and facilitates team meetings; ensuring team members are informed of upcoming events, VIP items, hotel and Casino products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies, knowledge of the local area and events, and any other important information.
5. Meets and greets guests and responds to guest inquiries, requests and issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner; partnering with the necessary departments to resolve guest concerns. Initiates and implements up-selling techniques to promote Casino and hotel services and other applicable facilities in order to maximize room occupancy and overall revenue.
6. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficient operation of Department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel is located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA. It is one of the largest casinos on the West Coast, with 7,000 slot machines, 150 table games, and five high-limit rooms. We are one of the top 10 largest casino resorts in the US.
Guests enjoy sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains, live entertainment, and a full array of dining options, which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, Hong Bao Kitchen, Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, Chingon Kitchen, Big Mo’ Cafe, and 11 bars and lounges.
The Serrano Spa earned a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star award, and The Pines Modern Steakhouse and Yaamava’ Resorteach earned a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star award, with all three being the first in the Inland Empire to receive such designation. Yaamava' Resort and Casino at San Manuel also received two 2023 AAA Four Diamonds ratings for the new hotel and The Pines Modern Steakhouse.
The hotel is a 17-story tower with 432 guest rooms. Guests relax in an elevated pool with a bar and private cabanas, the lavish full-service Serrano spa and salon, a health and fitness center, a full array of dining options, multiple bars and lounges, and luxe retail shops.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry.
At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
Our benefits focus on five key areas of wellness - financial, emotional, physical, social, and occupational - because we know it takes more than a salary to thrive. The benefits under each category include everything from retirement, insurance and dental benefits to emotional wellness programs, home repair services, and much more.