POSITION TITLE: FRONT DESK AGENT
REPORTS TO: General Manager / Assistant Manager
A Front Desk Agent handles all stages of a guest’s stay at the Inn from arrival to departure. A Front Desk Agent promotes the Inn, provides guests with a friendly, accurate and professional check in/check out process, assists guests with questions or concerns and provides exceptional service to all.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a friendly, welcoming experience by greeting each guest as they enter the Inn. Acknowledge and welcome repeat guests, offer upgrades, present options and alternatives and offer assistance in making choices. Accommodate special requests if possible.
- Provide all guests with a friendly, accurate and efficient check-in / check-out process while following Inn policies and procedures. Offer to assist with future reservations at the time of check out and assure guest that the Inn strives for an excellent hospitality rating. Assist in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Ensure that the front desk and lobby areas are clean, organized and ready to greet guests.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance and uniform. Always be on time for scheduled shifts.
- Verify and collect guest payments and identification, ensuring sensitive guest information including identity and credit card information remain confidential. Process all financial transactions with accuracy, following policies and procedures.
- Operate the Inn key control system while strictly following all key safety and security procedures.
- Answer all telephone calls to the Inn promptly with proper telephone etiquette. Provide a warm and friendly experience to potential guests inquiring about hotel reservations by focusing on the guest’s need, asking for the sale, entering and confirming reservation details, and providing the cancellation policy.
- Provide guests with clear directions and recommendations for local points of interest including restaurants, shopping, and historic sites. Ensure guests are aware of available Inn services.
- Sense and respond to all guest concerns or requests in a manner that leaves the guest feeling assured and optimistic about staying at the Inn again. Respond to guest concerns promptly and report issues in a timely and appropriate manner to a supervisor or the Managing Director when necessary to assure prompt resolution of concerns raised by guests prior to their check out. Properly record all guest concerns to ensure proper follow up. Request and record maintenance assistance timely and accurately and follow up as needed.
- Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, and special requests. Work closely with the housekeeping department by keeping room status reports up to date and coordinate requests for maintenance and repair work. All communication with coworkers must be respectful, kind and clear.
- Read and initial the pass-down log and bulletin board daily and be aware of daily activities and meetings taking place at the Inn. Enter information into the pass-down log accurately to ensure proper communication is maintained between shifts. Initial and complete shift checklists to ensure the Inn information is updated and Inn personnel is prepared for daily activities. Maintain room status inventory.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Inn.
- Understand and operate the Inn property management system (“PMS”) easily and efficiently. Know how to access room locations, types of rooms available, room rates, and room status. Maintain confidentiality of all proprietary information of the Inn. Maintain confidentiality of the agent’s access to Inn computer systems and programs and must log in at the beginning of each shift and log out at the end of each shift.
- When assigned, conduct Night Audit procedures in a timely, accurate, complete and efficient manner while ensuring 24/7 front desk presence and exceptional service to guests.
- Know how to operate front office equipment.
- Use proper mail, package, courier and message handling procedures. Ensure lost and found items are treated with care, reported and stored according to Inn policies.
- Attend department meetings.
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests, accidents or injuries to the Managing Director.
- Know and follow all safety, emergency and accident policies and procedures.
- Remain flexible and willing to work different shifts and in other areas of the Inn as needed to ensure the Inn delivers an exceptional experience to every guest.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Managing Director.
Education: Must speak, read, write, and understand English well. Ability to speak, read, write and understand Spanish is desired.
Experience: 2 years previous front office hotel-related experience is required.
Physical: Requires fingering, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, hearing, visual acuity, and may on occasion have to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
Posted November 26, 2023