Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the primary focus of the Power Generator Technician is providing first class technical solutions to ensure emergency, paralleling electrical/self-generating equipment is in top operating condition in order to sustain and support profitable Yaamava’ Resort & Casino operations. This role is responsible for repairs and troubleshooting primarily of diesel, electrical or natural gas generators and assist as needed to troubleshoot issues with system from generation to electrical transfer cable/conduits, controls, and distribution panels. The Power Generator Technician is also responsible for maintaining, calibrating, and repairing plant electrical, instrumentation, and (distributed) control systems.
1. Performs preventative and corrective maintenance of standby generator systems 5 KW through 3200 KW.
2. Analyzes complex problems in equipment and machinery and interpret maintenance manuals, using knowledge of systems and electronics to isolate and correct the fault.
3. Troubleshoots and diagnoses emergency repair procedures of AC/DC controls. Troubleshoots and diagnoses gas, solar, steam and diesel industrial engines. Troubleshoots and repairs automatic transfer switches, to include bypass isolation, and closed transition types as well. Repairs and performs preventative maintenance service (oil and filters), troubleshoots AC and DC circuits, removes and replaces any and all components as necessary, performs warranty work per manufacturer’s guidelines, and performs start-up/commissioning on new generators and generator systems.
4. Performs testing, calibration, checking, correcting, adjusting and part component replacement services.
5. Optimizes plant preventative maintenance program to meet OEM recommendations, regulatory requirements, and corporate maintenance philosophy. Responsible for maintaining logs, manuals, records, blueprints and operating procedures in a neat and professional manner. Provides written reports on control system conditions when required.
6. Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
7. Performs load bank testing on generator(s) to ensure units are in the proper operating conditions and meet applicable code requirements.
8. Provides comprehensive operations and maintenance support for the enterprises distributed generation projects, which typically includes managing both solar and natural gas generation assets, as well as energy storage resources.
9. Commissions, services, and repairs equipment throughout its useful life. Performs OEM warranty work and start-up service.
10. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
High School diploma or GED is required.
Associate's degree or technical certification is preferred.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the back-up generator industry or a transferable industry.
Experience with control circuits and photo light communicators (PLC), diesel engine repairs, natural gas engine maintenance, switchgear maintenance and repair, generator installation and repair, etc.
Solid knowledge of basic distribution protective relay testing, breaker function testing, and generator testing is required.
Must be able to read and understand wiring diagrams and schematics.
Must have a thorough knowledge of generator installations, maintenance, and repair of generators; advanced knowledge of electronic, mechanical, and electrical components; familiarity with solar panels, moderate computer skills; basic knowledge of pertinent Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Environmental Agency (EPA), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
Advanced knowledge of or ability to learn gas and diesel industrial engine fuel systems and controls is required.
Advanced knowledge of automatic transfer switches and control logic is required.
Must be able to work independently with minimal daily supervision.
Must be able to work in a safe manner at all times.
Ability to read, write and communicate in a professional manner.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel is located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA. It is one of the largest casinos on the West Coast, with 7,000 slot machines, 150 table games, and five high-limit rooms. We are one of the top 10 largest casino resorts in the US.
Guests enjoy sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains, live entertainment, and a full array of dining options, which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, Hong Bao Kitchen, Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, Chingon Kitchen, Big Mo’ Cafe, and 11 bars and lounges.
The Serrano Spa earned a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star award, and The Pines Modern Steakhouse and Yaamava’ Resorteach earned a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star award, with all three being the first in the Inland Empire to receive such designation. Yaamava' Resort and Casino at San Manuel also received two 2023 AAA Four Diamonds ratings for the new hotel and The Pines Modern Steakhouse.
The hotel is a 17-story tower with 432 guest rooms. Guests relax in an elevated pool with a bar and private cabanas, the lavish full-service Serrano spa and salon, a health and fitness center, a full array of dining options, multiple bars and lounges, and luxe retail shops.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry.
At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
Click here to see why you’ll want to work on our Team
After 35 years, Yaamava Resort & Casino employees still love their jobs!
Our team members enjoy a competitive base salary, an annual discretionary performance bonus, and an annual merit increase as part of our total rewards package. Additionally, San Manuel supports team members' financial health through 401(k) retirement savings plans that offer a 2% core discretionary contribution and matching, and a host of other services - from discounts to tuition assistance.
Apply today to join our team!