For more than 143 years, The Los Angeles Athletic Club has remained dedicated to its mission of providing for the body, mind, and spirit of its members. Our private club includes state-of-the-art athletic and spa facilities, award-winning restaurants, bars, luxury meeting rooms, special event rooms, 72 hotel rooms, and an array of social, business, and athletic events.
Come join our team! We have immediate openings for experienced individuals to fill the position of a Full Time or Part Time Steam Engineer
This position contributes to the success of Los Angeles Athletic Club (“Company”) by creating positive experiences for every member and guest who visits the club by ensuring that the boilers, chillers, cooling towers and all their associated pumps and controls are working properly; and assisting with the day-to-day maintenance of the buildings and the athletic club amenities when necessary.
- Arrives to work on time and in proper uniform ready to work.
- Make Preliminary rounds in the Boiler room, ensuring all machinery is operational, ensuring to note anything that is out of the ordinary.
- Report any facility problems such as mechanical, electrical, or plumbing, and life safety immediately supervisor*9.
- Turn Boilers off/on, isolate when appropriate, open/close for maintenance and yearly inspections.
- Consult with previous Steam Engineer about all events and readings from prior shift.
- Provide safe engineering services to operate, maintain, install, repair, and replace building, ventilating, electrical equipment, including but not limited to steam boilers, chillers, generators, pumps, air compressors, water softeners, HVAC, refrigeration, heating, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining cool and hot water supply as necessary, steam requirement for laundry, kitchen, and athletic departments, and thermal building heat.
- Check and maintain an accurate log of temperature and pressure readings in Boiler Room, adjust accordingly.
- Inspect building and Mechanical Electrical Plumbing (E.P.) systems to ensure proper operation and take appropriate action, when necessary, notify Director of Facilities or Assistant Chief Engineer of situations that require immediate attention.
- Acknowledge and respond to radio calls in a timely manner.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance (PM) throughout boiler room, equipment, and systems.
- Maintain accurate records of all maintenance activities, repairs, and replacements. Use personal protective equipment for hearing, eyewear, and shoes. Adhere to all safety regulations and OSHA standards.
- Complete work order in a timely manner.
- Assist fellow engineers in department projects and tasks as needed
- Check and adjust HVAC systems for full functionality and for outside temperature.
- Maintain HVAC units as directed including replacements of filter, fan belts, greasing bearings, etc.
- Follow Lock Out/Tag out Procedures for any equipment found to be faulty.
- Isolate Boilers for maintenance and/or inspections when necessary.
- Refer to Steam Engineer checklist for detailed list of duties associated with each shift.
Education, licenses, & certifications:
- Required: Minimum of two (2) years of experience in same or similar positions in the Retail, Hospitality, or Food & Beverage industry
- Required: City of Los Angeles Steam Engineer of 500 HP or more License
- Ideal: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Ideal: Current California Driver License with satisfactory Department of Motor Vehicle driving record.
- Required: At least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Required: Reliable and punctual attendance.
- Required: Excellent time-management skills; prioritizing and completing assigned job tasks effectively.
- Required: Travel (by vehicle and plane) for business, training, and/or development, including overnight trips.
- Ideal: Bi-lingual oral, speech, and writing skills in English and Spanish or other language is an asset in this position
- Ideal: Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ideal: Computer Experience: proficient Microsoft Office programs, Outlook, and Climate Control App
- Required: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to convey messages clearly and compose correspondence with correct and proper grammar.
- Required: Strong presentation skills; convey messages clearly and confidently; persuade and effect change positively.
- Required: Capable of working effectively independently with minimal supervision
- Required: Strong analytical skills.
- Required: High attention to detail and accuracy
- Required: Strong organizational skills
- Required: Ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently meet deadlines and produce work in a timely manner.
- Required: Ability to elicit and accept constructive feedback.
Physical Exertion: Heavy work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects (for example, repair replacement part such as pumps motors, ladders, and construction materials).
Pay: Hourly $30.30
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted November 28, 2023